October 18, 2020
Hey Cool Cats!
Students practiced new procedures this past week including proper mask wearing and social distancing. Continue to send your child with a water bottle.
Download the Edulog Parent Portal Bus Tracking App!
Edulog Parent Portal provides the following benefits:
- Accessibility. Parents can see essential student transportation details directly from a smart phone.
- Security. Parents access their children’s transportation information with a unique, safe and secure login.
- Accuracy. Parents can be confident in the information they receive, because it’s coming from real-time tracking information sent from the GPS system.
- Alerts. Parents can set up notifications by creating custom Alert Zones when a bus is approaching the assigned bus stop.
- Messaging. Parents can receive messages about traffic delays, mechanical issues or bus substitutions.
Spotlight On - 5th Grade!
Meet Our MTSS Team!
The MTSS team provides academic and social-emotional learning interventions for students who need additional support to be successful in the classroom. Our MTSS program has been recognized by the state of North Carolina as a Model School. This year they are providing interventions both face-to-face and through SeeSaw and Google Classroom. The MTSS team is led by Mrs. Wheeler, our MTSS Coordinator for Academics. Mrs. Wheeler has been a Wrightsboro Cool Cat since 2007. Alongside Mrs. Wheeler, providing academic interventions are Mrs. Alber and Ms. Morrison. Mrs. Alber has been at Wrightsboro since 2014 and Ms. Morrison joined us in 2019. Mrs. Keller, the MTSS Coordinator for Behavior is joined by members of our Family and Student Support Team -(FASST) to provide social-emotional learning interventions. Mrs. Keller has been at Wrightsboro since 2013. Mrs. Shelton and Ms. Hauss are our guidance counselors. Mrs. Shelton has been at Wrightsboro since 2009 and Ms. Hauss started in 2018 . Ms. Chwirut (or Miss Danielle as she is known to our students) is our Communities in Schools Student Support Specialist. She has been with us since 2019.
Wrightsboro Elementary School
Location: 2716 Castle Hayne Road, Castle Hayne, NC, USA
Phone: (910) 815-6909
Our School's Why
The mission of Wrightsboro School is to establish and promote a caring, engaging, and supportive environment that enhances learning and leadership for all.
Today we learn. Tomorrow we lead.
We believe children want to learn and lead and will take responsibility to actively meet goals that will help them succeed in the future. We believe teachers inspire success, and encourage a love of learning by providing a supportive environment that fosters leadership through instruction to meet the unique needs of each child. We believe families that work together with our school contribute to successful learning for every child.