July 2019 Edition
- Start Times for 2019-2020: The district has adjusted all elementary schools' start and dismissal times for the upcoming school year. Our doors will open at 7:05 am for student arrival. Instruction will begin at 7:35 am instead of 7:40 am. Beginning this year, students will be marked tardy if they are not in the building at 7:35. If you arrive after 7:35, you will be asked to come into our office and sign your child/children in tardy. Officer Richmond will be there to guide and support us in this process. Dismissal will now begin at 2:20 pm instead of 2:25.
- Titan Farewells: Goodbyes are never easy but with the ending of the 18-19 school year, we had to say goodbye to several Titans. While we are sad to see them leave, we are happy for their new adventures. The Titans not returning this school year include the following: Anna Marie Green (Receptionist), Trish Caruso (PowerSchool Clerk), Barb Strait (Kindergarten), Carolyn Green (Kindergarten), Liz Chalker (Kindergarten), Jaime Homchik (Kindergarten Assistant), Anna Marie Hunton (Kindergarten Assistant), Megan Armstrong (Fifth Grade), Jen Levan (School Counselor), Kelly Benton (Speech Pathologist), and Liz Royston (Behavior Interventionist).
- Staff Additions: Several new staff members have been hired due to projected growth in addition to replacing staff members who are leaving. Please help us welcome the following to our Titan Family: Hope Trigg (Receptionist), Kristen Motte (School Counselor), Marcia Patete (Behavior Interventionist), Bree Hurin (Kindergarten), Katie Miller (Kindergarten), Amy Brewer (Kindergaten Assistant), Terri Misenheimer (Kindergarten Assistant), and Brittany Giametta (Kindergarten Assistant), Hannah Atwell-Mock (First Grade), Noelle Lisee (Second Grade), Madeleine Campbell (Second Grade), Danielle Lyons (Third Grade), Laura Hall (Third Grade), and Samantha Connolly (Fifth Grade)
- Staff Shifts: Several Titans will be shifting into new positions this year including the following: Sharlene James (Kindergarten Assistant to PowerSchool Clerk), Alayna DalPoggetto (K to 1st), Lynn Abercrombie and Jordan Lewis (2nd to 3rd), Cindy Lord (3rd to 2nd), Bethany Prain and Brennan Roberts (3rd to Kindergarten), and Samantha Kirkley (2nd to 5th).
Save the Dates!
- Friday, August 9: Class Assignments will be emailed out and made available via Parent Portal
- Thursday, August 15: Kindergarten Meet the Teacher (8:00-9:30, there will be two sessions offered... your child's teacher will communicate more about this as it gets closer)
- Thursday, August 15: Meet the Teacher First through Fifth Grades (3:00-5:00 pm--drop in format)
- Monday, August 19: First Day of School (Doors will open at 7:05)
- Monday, August 26: Boosterthon FUN RUN Kickoff!
- Tuesday, August 27: Independence Day (this means that students will walk to class by themselves-please know that there will be Titan Staff on hand to help make sure our students are safe and get where they need to go)
- Tuesday, August 27: Boy Scout Meeting at TCES (6-7pm) in the cafeteria
- Monday, September 2: Labor Day, no school
- Thursday, September 5: Boosterthon Fun Run (4th and 5th Grade - 8:10 am; Kindergarten and First Grade - 9:15 am; Second and Third Grade - 10:30 am)
- Wednesday, September 11: Fall Picture Day (more info to come)
- Friday, November 8: Veteran's Day Celebration (more info to come)
- Thursday, September 12: Watch DOGS Launch Event (more info to come)
- Friday, December 13: 2nd Annual Holiday Lunch
TCES Campus Improvements
An additional stretch of sidewalk was added in hopes of helping with rainy day drop offs in the car rider line.
Lastly, have you seen our castle?!? A local artist/ painter has been creating various murals in the front entrance of the school, we are excited to this work in progress!
Summer Learning, having a blast...
Rebecca Cook and Hannah Howard were able to attend a week-long institute at The Teacher's College in New York to further their best practices in Reading and Writing. While there, they participated in workshops, observed classes, and met with literacy gurus. These women will utilize their new learning with their students and the members of their grade level teams.
Jordan Lewis, McKenna Mann, Brett Maksymik, Rebeeca Benvenuto, Jessica Catledge, Kim Hart, and Lisa Lucas had the opportunity to attend a three day training on Professional Learning Communities at Work in Atlanta, GA. This group and our November group of 9 are spearheading TCES in our efforts to continue learning and growing in our PLC knowledge which ultimately leads to student achievement and growth.
Some of our Gifted and Talented teachers (Colleen Crosby, Stephanie Palladino, Kim Logan, Joy Patterson, Tracey Surrett, Yolita Oparah, and Jay Niles attended a cross-district training and collaborative meeting at Winthrop University! This learning opportunity was the first of its kind and these teachers are hopeful that these professional development sessions will continue in the future.
While many of our Titans traveled to Professional Development Opportunities, many found inspiration for the upcoming school year through online courses, technology classes, and/or professional readings. We are so thankful that our Titan Teachers put children first each day in their willingness to learn during their summer breaks!
Classroom Ready Application now available!
If your child needs assistance with school supplies for the 2019-2020 school year please check out Classroom Ready. Classroom Ready is a program created by the Foundation for Fort Mill Schools to help students be prepared by providing free school supplies.
If your family is in need of assistance during the 2019-2020 school year please consider filling out the online application below.
ONLINE APPLICATION FOR SCHOOL SUPPLIES FOR 2019.20