SAU #34 Community News
SAU #34 Community Newsletter
Hello SAU 34 School Community,
Please scroll down to access a wide range of information and links about what is happening all across SAU #34.
If you have trouble opening any of the links, please scroll to the top and click on the picture of the SAU sign. That will bring you out of the email preview and into the actual newsletter, all the links will work from there.
Upcoming Important Dates
- October 25, SAU 34 Board Meeting, 6pm, H-DHS Library Media Center
- October 26, Family Education & Activity Night (FEAN), 5:30-6:30pm, H-DES Cafeteria
- November 6 Hillsboro-Deering School Board Meeting 6pm H-DHS Library Media Center
- November 9 Early Release all SAU 34 Schools
- November 10 Veterans Day Holiday - All Schools and Offices Closed
- November 13 Washington School Board Meeting 6pm WES Art Room
- November 15 Parent Teacher Conferences WES ONLY
- November 22-24 Thanksgiving Holiday Recess - All School Closed
- November 27 Hillsboro-Deering School Board Meeting followed by FY25 Budget Presentation 6pm H-DHS Library Media Center
- November 28 Continued Hillsboro-Deering FY 25 Budget Presentation (if needed) 6pm H-DHS Library Media Center
SAU #34 Website Calendar
The calendar on the SAU website provides a user-friendly way to selectable event views by building.
By clicking on the calendar name on the left-hand panel, you can hide that particular calendar's events from the larger view. You also can subscribe to a calendar to receive updates and changes to events.
News from Across SAU # 34
Please click on each newsletter to see pictures and information about all of the great things happening across SAU #34!
The Greater Hillsboro Chamber of Commerce scarecrow contest
The Greater Hillsboro Chamber of Commerce scarecrow contest is underway! The Chamber of Commerce Website has a links for a map to all of the entries and a ballot to vote for your favorite. Be sure too have a look at the great entries on the Hillsboro-Deering School Campus!The Greater Hillsboro Chamber of Commerce Website
School District Budget Information
The Work to build the school budgets for the 2024-2025 School Year is underway. This is a complex process with four separate fiscal entities, each with their own budget across SAU #34. Each budget process has its own timeline, based on requirements outlined in state law.
The four fiscal entities in SAU#34 are:
- The School Administrative Unit (SAU) is responsible for the oversight, management, and accountability reporting for all operational, business, and human resource functions for the three school districts. The budget of the SAU is voted on as a separate warrant article in all four towns, and the cost is divided among the the three member districts using the apportionment formula.
- The Hillsboro-Deering Cooperative School District provides programming for students from pre-school through age 22, and operates three schools located on the main campus in Hillsboro, as well as an alternative program located on a rented property in Deering.
- The Washington School District provides programming from early learning through age 22, with early learning through grade five at Washington Elementary School and grades 6 and beyond tuitioned to Hillsboro-Deering.
- The Windsor School District provides programing for pre-school through age 22, with all students tutioned to the Hillsboro-Deering Schools.
As the budget process unfolds there are multiple opportunities for community members to provide input and share their comments with the school boards. Please click the link below and then select each fiscal entity from the menu on the left side of the page to view the budget timelines and other information. These pages will be consistently updated throughout the process.
Powerschool Parent Portal
The Powerschool Parent Portal provides families with a wealth of up to date information about their student's school experience.
All families should have received an email with a personalized link to sign in to the Parent Portal.
It is very important that all families use the Parent Portal to update their student registration information and permissions.
If you are having any difficulty accessing the Parent Portal please reach out to Neal Richardson, Director of Technology at firstname.lastname@example.org so he can assist you.
School Food & Nutrition Program
Hello H-DSD Families,
Thank you to everyone that has taken the time to complete and submit an application to help our schools and families. Your time is appreciated!
If your student(s) is receiving benefits this year (free or reduced priced lunch) and you have not submitted an application as of August 15th, 2023 your benefits will expire at the beginning of October. Please be sure to submit a new application so you do not lose benefits when the roll-over period comes to an end.
Currently, all submitted applications have been processed and notice of eligibility has been either emailed to you (if you provided an email address on the application) or mailed to the address you provided on your application.
Please keep in mind that all applications, regardless of the eligibility determination, help our school funding and programs.
Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Anna Muncy, H-DSD Food & Nutrition Program Director
email@example.com | (603) 464-1160
6 Hillcat Drive Hillsboro NH 03244
All Around SAU 34
SAU # 34 Website
The Office of Student Supports
Savings Account program
End 68 Hours of Hunger
The Curriculum Office
Let's get ready for school!
Students in grades 3-8 and 11th grade participate in the NH State Assessment.
Approved Calendars for the 2023-2024 School Year
The Hillsboro-Deering School District Approved the 2023-2024 Calendar on March 6, 2023.