The Reopening Learning Guide (New)
Lower Merion High School Starts on 3/22/21
Dear Students and Families,
Welcome to the Reopening Learning Guide. We know this plan to invite more students into the building comes with many questions and we are hopeful that this edition of smore will help you navigate our return to school in this next phase. Please refer to this smore to help guide you/your student through this learning experience.
Click on Picture - presentation from Tuesday, March 9th:
This is eth power point used for the Parent Information Session on 3/9/21
New Schedule with 7 minute Passing Time and 4 Lunches will start on Monday, March 22nd:
To copy, please go to File > Make a copy, and you will have a version you can edit and bookmark.
Letter Days and Bell Schedules:
- May 6th: Seniors last day
- May 10th till May 28th: Senior project Experiential Phase
- May 15th: Senior Prom 7PM till 11PM at Lower Merion
- May 21st: Career Symposium (time TBD - through Advisory)
- Keystones- June 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 7th
- All four day need to be late arrivals/delayed Openings (23 minute classes)
- Testing first day after Memorial Day
- June 1st till June 7th: Senior Project Presentations
- June 4th: Senior Awards Ceremony (9AM) at Lower Merion
- June 4th: Senior Picnic (10:30AM) at Lower Merion
- June 7th: Senior Graduation Practice (1PM) at Lower Merion
- June 8th: Graduation on Arnold Field at Lower Merion (10:30AM)***
- Last Day of School is June 17th
- Teacher In-service is June 18th (Final Cumulative Grades Due)
*** More details to come on this event. Though, currently the plan is to hold graduation at 10:30AM. We would have an asynchronous day for students and allow faculty and staff to work from home and/or participate in the graduation ceremony. The rain date will be at 4PM on June 8th or on June 10th at 10:30AM.
Pathway Change Requests:
Students at any time may change pathways from in-person instruction to LMSD@Home. If a student wants to change from LMSD@Home to in-person instruction, they will have the opportunity every two weeks if they notify the school via a Pathway Change Request Form by the Wednesday of the week before the pathway change dates of (4/12, 4/26, 5/10, and 5/24.)
Students will be expected to attend all periods Monday through Thursday either in-person or online. The only mandatory session on Friday, unless directed specifically by a teacher, will be advisory where attendance will be taken that counts for the day on Friday. Teachers will record attendance in PowerSchool in both academic and advisory periods. If your child is absent or requires a late “arrival” or early “dismissal” from school, please utilize the Safe Arrival system to communicate with our attendance secretary, Jean Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org). If a student self screens and is not safe to attend school, the student can access the class remotely and be recorded as present for the lesson. While an email to the teachers is always appreciated, the use of the Safe Arrival System is necessary to track attendance. Please use this link for the form. https://www.lmsd.org/lower-merion/parent-info/attendance/absence-form
Students, If you will not be attending school in person, you should ask your parents/guardians to follow the normal attendance procedure for notifying the school of an absence. You must do this EVEN IF you are still able to participate virtually. This is important so that we can ensure that you are safe. It also helps us to record and report accurate attendance details which allows for more efficient and effective contact tracing, if necessary.
Students must review these important health and safety guidelines and protocols. We are #allinthistogether
Watch the video below to learn about our building health and safety plan in this next phase of reopening.
Other Important Return to School Videos:
Please click on the titles below to learn more about our return to school in the hybrid model (these are real assistant principals and not actors):
The dashboard will be updated weekly and includes confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 reported to LMSD by the Montgomery County Office of Public Health (MCOPH) in individuals who attend or work in LMSD.
On this page, you will learn about how to access virtual classes, get help, and use LM’s most common sites like PowerSchool, Blackboard, and Google Apps for Education.
Netiquette refers to "etiquette on the internet." The following guidelines for online etiquette are good rules to follow if you want to enrich online academic conversation and communicate in a respectful and effective way with others.
These instructions are meant to help you navigate these resources.
LMHS Learning Center
Learning Center: The Learning Center is now will open and can be accessed virtually. The schedule is above. Students will be sent the learning center links each day via email. Students will access the Learning Center sessions remotely from their study hall or free - only if they need help or support in a certain subject.
Please click here for a comprehensive list of important strategies to navigate remote learning.
Questions? If you have questions - open this document: Who to Call?
A Message from Our Student Services Department
We know that all of these transitions have been challenging. It’s a learning curve for all of us and we are all adjusting together. Please know we are all here to support you in many ways:
· If you are struggling with accessing or completing schoolwork, please reach out to your school counselor (posted below).
· If you’re a teen who is starting to feel overwhelmed and need another teen to talk to, please call Montgomery County’s teen talk line at (866) 825-5856 or text (215) 703-8411. It is available, free of charge, Monday through Friday, from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
· Montgomery County Children’s Crisis Support Program provides not only immediate support for crisis situations but also assistance with managing recurring or future crises. Support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-888-HELP-414.
Counselor Programs and Newsletters:
The Lower Merion School District strives to create a community where every student feels valued and safe. All members of the LMSD community are urged to use form to share areas of concern regarding matters of social-emotional safety.
Below is the link the to the Activities / Athletics Blackboard. Students can find current information, meeting dates, fundraisers, and more for clubs and athletics that may be of interest to them. Please email Ms. Shalon (Secretary in the Athletics and Activities Office) @ email@example.com with information any club student leader would like posted, or if there are questions.