Maple Hill Library Book Check Out
During Distance Learning
I am happy to announce that Mrs. Nava (School Librarian) and I have created a system that now allows our Maple Hill Families to start checking out actual books from our school library! I am so excited! There is great value in eBooks, but the power of holding an actual book in one's hands is priceless. Please read below to find out how to check out books for your child.
How do families check out books?
- First, follow the steps outlined below to access our school library online system.
- Only 2 books allowed for check-out per student. Students can check out the books for 2 weeks.
- Books can be put on HOLD from Friday-Tuesday (until 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday night).
- Books placed on HOLD by Tuesday at 6:00 p.m., will be processed on Wednesday and Thursday by our librarian.
- You will only put the books on HOLD. Mrs. Nava will officially check the books out in the system.
- Friday Pick Up 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. @ the front of the office (by the driveway). Your books will be placed in a plastic bag and the child's name will be stapled to the bag. Bags will be placed on carts.
- Families will drive up the driveway, park along the red curb, exit their vehicle, wearing a mask, pick up their child's bag from the cart, and then exit the driveway.
- There will also be a "Book Return" bucket for families to return their library books.
- On Friday, at 3:30 p.m., we will bring the carts and returned books inside where they will sit for 3 days untouched. After the 3 days, they will be cleaned and placed back on the library shelves.
COVID-19 Guidelines for Entering WVUSD Property
- If you are experiencing any symptoms such as current or recent fever (100.4 degrees or higher), chills, cough, shortness of breath or respiratory illness, sudden lack of taste or smell, or sudden onset of unexplained gastrointestinal illness...DO NOT COME ON CAMPUS.
- If you have been in close contact**with any person who has been infected with COVID-19 within the last 14 days...DO NOT COME ON CAMPUS.
- If you or anyone living with you been out of the country within the last 14 days...DO NOT COME ON CAMPUS.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, everyone on district property is required to wear face coverings/masks and must adhere to 6 feet of social distancing.