Upcoming Events and Reminders- Week of December 14, 2015
The Short Version
- * The Dooley Giving Tree Project.- Deadline Extended-Gifts and Donations Due December 16th.
- * Plano ISD Facilities and Technology Study Task Force Seeks Parent and Community Feedback- December 17th, 6:00 p.m.- Plano Senior High School.
- Classroom Winter/Holiday Parties- December 17th. Please check with your child's teacher for party times. Parents, if your schedule allows, we invite you to join us.
- Friday December 18th- Early Release Day. Classes will be dismissed at 12p.m.
- Winter Break: December 19th- January 4th. Classes resume on Tuesday, January 5th.
* For more details about these and other events, we invite you to read more below, or check your Thursday Packet.
The Dooley Giving Tree Project
Dooley Elementary Student Council and students are sponsoring a giving tree this holiday season. The giving tree helps our students and their families who need new clothes, toys and even food for the upcoming holiday season.
Here is how you can be a part of the “Giving Tree” and make this holiday season a little brighter for a Dooley family in need:
1. Pick a tag from an ornament hanging on the giving tree (leave the
2. Purchase the item requested on the tag.
3. Wrap the item and secure the tag to the package.
4. Bring the item to the front office for secure holding until the families pick
them up the week before Christmas break.
The giving tree project is a great way to teach your own children about the true meaning of the holiday season while helping a family right here in their own school community!
Giving tree gifts must be received in the main office no later than Monday, December 14th. Please remember to secure the ornament tag to the wrapped gift.
If you have any questions, please call Dana Hanson (469) 752-1161 or Ramona Cartwright (469) 752-1115
Plano ISD Facilities & Technology Study Task Force Seeks Parent and Community Feedback
The Facilities and Technology Study Task Force, assembled by the Plano ISD Board of Trustees in August, is hosting a public hearing to gather community input as they evaluate district needs with regard to a possible bond initiative. I encourage our parent community to attend this public forum, as this will be your opportunity to provide feedback or ask questions related to the committee’s work of reviewing enrollment trends and projections, as well as establishing construction, renovation and technology needs. The hearing will be hosted as follows:
Facilities and Technology Study Task Force Public Hearing
Thursday, December 17, 2015, 6:00 p.m.
Plano Senior High School Doyle Dean Performing Arts Center
2200 Independence Pkwy, Plano, TX 75075
Speaker cards will be required from all who wish to speak at the hearing and will be available beginning at 5:30 p.m. through the end of the meeting.
Additional opportunities for input are available at the regular school board meetings scheduled for January 12 and February 2, 2016, and via district e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the work of the Facilities and Technology Study Task Force, please visit the Plano ISD website at: http://www.pisd.edu/news/2016bond/index.shtml.