Pierce Canvas/Online Learning FLC
Next meeting - Tues. January 22, 2013
Canvas Ninja Meet Up - Tues. January 22 at Fort Steilacoom campus - CAS 402
Change of venue as of Jan 19:
- We're meeting at Fort Steilacoom campus in the Library classroom - CAS 402. Aka: "the glass classroom".
- Meet up starts at 3:15 p.m.
Topics on the agenda
At this meeting we will:
- Experience Canvas from the perspective of an instructor and a student.
- See various ways to present a syllabus in Canvas.
- Use the discussion board.
- Get started using Canvas in your own practice course.
- Log into the classroom space for our Faculty Learning Community.
- Learn about eLearning training opportunities for Canvas.
We'll also try to put together a schedule of meetings and presentations for the rest of the year.
Before the workshop, please do the following:
- Log into your Canvas account (see instructions below).
- Explore your practice course.
- Take a look at some sample classes or tutorials on Canvas.
o View sample classes. http://guides.instructure.com/s/2204/m/5834/l/55579-staff-picks
o Canvas Quick Start Guide for instructors http://guides.instructure.com/m/8472
o Help videos to various topics such as assignments, calendars, modules etc. http://guides.instructure.com/m/4210
To log into Canvas:
- Go to https://pierce.instructure.com/
- Your username is your ID number (925XXXXXX). Your initial password is SIX CHARACTERS based on your last name (ex. Washington = washin)
o Passwords are lower case,
o If you have fewer than SIX characters in your last name, you simply start over again at the beginning until you reach six! (ex.: Bach = bachba, Mi = mimimi, Sun = sunsun)