April 27, 2018
On the Calendar
Book Fair All Week During School Hours-- BOGO!
Archery Club- 4th Grade Group 1
Sign Language Club
Archery Club Group-4th Grade Group 2
Kindergarten Game Night
Wednesday- Snack Cart
Mrs. Alho's class on field trip
Running Club Grades 2-3
Mrs. Tenuta's class on field trip
4th Grade Intramurals
Choir for Grades 4 & 5
Talent Show Rehearsal
Talent Show- 8:00-9:30 am
May the Fourth Be with you-- Wear Star Wars Clothing!
Let's Build it Engineering Club
Grade 5 Intramurals
Join the Color Run!
Important Dates!!!!-- May 1st T-Shirts Must be ordered!!!
May 2-10th- can still buy race tickets but not t-shirts!
Whittier PTA is hosting a Color Run to raise money for PE Equipment and Playground Equipment. Help us reach our goal by joining us for the Color Run!
Invite all of your friends, neighbors, relatives, and community members!
What is included? Runners/walkers will follow the course (it is the same course that we do with our fall 3K!) and have color powder doused on them as they pass checkpoints. It is messy and a great time! We will also have a huge end of the race color throw for those who purchase their own color packets. Included in the price of a ticket is a hot dog dinner and drink. There will also be a raffle for fabulous prizes! (Be sure to bring extra money for the raffle!)
Whittier Color Run T-Shirts are available for purchase prior to the event.
Be sure to order yours in advance!
5:30 pm- Race Check in Begins- Raffle Tickets on Sale
6:00 pm- Race Starts!
7:00 pm- Group Color Throw- Dinner - Raffle Sales Continue
8:00 pm- Raffle Drawing
Be sure to purchase your race wristbands in advance. Only a limited number of race wristbands will be available on race day. (We need to make sure we have enough supplies and dinner for everyone!)
* Race Tickets $10.00 per person or $40.00 per family (includes race and dinner).
* Dinner only option includes hot dog, chips, cookie, bottle of water @ $3.00
* Number of color packets for crowd color throw at conclusion of race. $ 2.00 per packet
* Whittier Color-Run T-Shirt @ 10.00 per shirt - includes color packet for each t-shirt ordered!
Sign up forms were sent home in the Thursday Folders. They are also available on our website at http://whittier.kusd.edu/parent-involvement/whittier-backpack-notes/
Summer Instructional Swim Classes
Kenosha Unified School District Recreation Department 2018 Summer Programs for Children Registration Begins Wednesday, May 2nd
The Kenosha Unified School District Recreation Department will begin registration at 8:00am on Wednesday, May 2nd for its free Summer Instructional Swim classes to be held at Bradford High School offered in three separate sessions, consisting of coed classes, which run twelve consecutive weekdays for children ages 6 - 14 (must be age 6 by 8/31/18). Session dates are as follows: Session A. June 18 - July 3, Session B. July 5 -July 20, and Session C. July 23-August 7. Classes are determined by age. Registration will take place online at our website: www.kusd.edu/departments/recreation-0 starting at 8:00am. Space is limited and classes fill up fast. You are only allowed to sign up for a maximum of 2 sessions per child.
In addition, Registration for all of our free Sports Programs will begin at 8:00 am on Wednesday, May 9th. Registration will take place online at our website: www.kusd.edu/departments/recreation-0 starting at 8:00am. We offer coed instructional classes for Elementary Basketball, Base/Softball and Soccer for children ages 6 – 11 (must be age 6 by 8/31/18). Free Tennis lessons are also available for children ages 6 – 18. A Weight Training Program for Students in Grades 8 – 12 is available for a fee of $20.00. Space is limited and classes fill up fast.
Classes are open to all Kenosha, Pleasant Prairie and Somers students and you must reside within the KUSD school boundaries.
Please review the catalog of all our offered programs on our website www.kusd.edu/departments/recreation-0. If you do not have internet access or need assistance you may come to our office located at 2717 67th Street, (Inside the west entrance of the Senior Citizen Center on Roosevelt Road) between the hours of 8:00 am – 3:00 pm, Monday – Friday. If you have questions, please call 262-359-6225.
Drop off and Pick Up
* When dropping off for school please drive slowly in the parking lot. We want everyone to make it into the building safely!
* Please plan to drop off before 7:30 am each day. Classrooms start learning right away in the morning!
* The gate to the south playground/pick up area opens at 2:10 pm.
* Please do not park on Cooper Road waiting for the gates to open. There are no parking signs on this area of Cooper Road. Students are dismissed at 2:20 pm for pickup.
* As the weather is getting nicer, just a reminder that the playground is closed during pick up (2:15-2:30). We have quite a few families that pick up at the end of the day. We do need parking spaces to stay open for others to enter the lot and pick up their children. Once dismissal is complete (generally after 2:30) families may return and use the playground.
Registration- Be sure to get signed up!!!
1. 4K/5K Registration for 2018-2019 - http://www.kusd.edu/registration.
2. ALL STUDENTS- We need all families need to register for next school year. Our goal is to have all families registered for next year before the end of this year. Please take a moment and go online to complete your child's registration for next year. http://www.kusd.edu/registration.
3. Summer School- Summer school registration is now open for boundary students. Registration ends May 11th. If you would like to register your child for summer school just click here http://www.kusd.edu/departments/summer-opportunities/elementary-summer-school .
Drop Off Begins at 7:15 AM
Mon-Thur 7:25 AM - 2:25 PM
Friday Dismissal 11:21 AM
6:55 – 7:25 a.m in MPR
7:00 AM - 3:30 PM