Adams Week At A Glance/Friday Focus
September 16, 2016
THE LEADER IN ME: 7 HABITS OF HAPPY KIDS
September Focus: Habit 2 — Begin with the End in Mind
Have a Plan
I plan ahead and set goals. I do things that have meaning and make a difference. I am an important part of my classroom and contribute to my school’s mission and vision. I look for ways to be a good citizen.
THE WEEK AT A GLANCE
Monday, September 19 8:15 start time
- ACUITY AND NWEA WINDOWS OPEN
- 8:00 Case Conference (McCafferty-PAR-Pantazis)
- 8:15 Meet in Media Center to schedule sibling conferences-there will be another one of these in case you have another committment or don't have all scheduled.
- 8:15 Solution Team Meeting front conference room
- Guidance Lessons for grades 3-5
- 9:30 CORE TEAM MEETING
- 1:30 Office Meeting
- 2:00 Informational Meeting for Eligible Classified staff/HR-LGI
- Student Council after school
Tuesday, September 20 7:45 start time
K-1 practice new APPS from grade level meetings
7:50-8:30 SPED PD @ Annex
8:15-4:05 2nd grade Rep Meeting @ CTEC
8:15 technology Meeting
Kindergarten Field Trip
GRADE LEVEL MEETINGS DURING PREP-should be quick/K on Wednesday
4:00-5:00 District Title I Meeting @ CTEC
6:00 Adams Title I Meeting
7:00-8:00 District Title I Meeting @ Adams
Wednesday, September 21 7:45 start time
PLC -Thank you for being on time.
Students wear a hat for a $ for an Arlington Family
8:30 Case Conference (Schoene-PAR-Morgan)
3:30-5:00 Drama Club
Thursday, September 22 8:15 start time
8:15-4:05 3rd grade Reps @ CTEC
Schoene @ Leadership Meeting all day
8:00-1:00 Energy Star Inspection from Schmidt in building
5:30 Homecoming Parade
Friday, September 23 8:15 start time
- END OF 3RD GRADING PERIOD
- Send home Parent/Teacher Conference Confirmation
- Thank you to all who are helping with the Homecoming Float. Thanks to Cassandra and her hubby for the truck and trailer!
- Thank you to Pam Shuck for adopting the lonely bookcase at the end of the 3rd and 4th grade hall!!
- Thank you to Billie for your leadership with the district technology team and for sharing the info with us this week!
- Thank you to Mindy for leading a very informative parent meeting for Drama Club on Wednesday!
- thank you to the Leadership Team (PL221) for the great conversations this morning. VERY POSITIVE!
The High Performing School
Effectiveness Indicator #3 School Assessment
3F. State and local assessment data are collected, disseminated, and readily available
- NWEA-WINDOW IS 9/12-9/23-4TH GRADE PILOT-please do not check out Chrome Books from 9/6-9/23.
- ACUITY-WINDOW IS 9/12-9/30-3RD AND 5TH GRADES-USE YOUR COMPUTER LAB TIME FOR ACUITY. Teachers, please check your rosters in Acuity for accuracy. 3RD GRADE WILL BE USING ACUITY A AS AN INSTRUCTIONAL TOOL. 5TH GRADE WILL HAVE STUDENTS TAKE IT COLD AND UTILIZE THE DATA.
- I am still waiting on Pearson/CTEC for ISTEP+ 2016 final scores and reports. As soon I am able to access, we can start DIGGING!
The High Performing School
Effectiveness Indicator #8: School Environment
8E-Positive character traits are taught and reinforced as part of the instructional program.
TOOLS FOR SELF-MANAGEMENT
The High Performing School
Effectiveness Indicator #7D: Attention to the Needs of Students at Risk
For Kids, Anxiety About School Can Feel Like 'Being Chased By A Lion'
Effectiveness Indicator #2 Instructional Program
2D-Teachers organize instruction to support clearly articulated and communicated learning target
HOW TO BOOST MATH PERFORMANCE
New FREE K-5 Intervention Support Tools and Guidance for Reading See link below~
2016-2017 Parent / Teacher Schedule
3:30 – 7:30 on Wednesday (PLC Early Release)
4:00 – 8:00 on Thursday
The two half days of conferences are to equal a work day. Four hours each half. The work day includes 30 minutes for lunch, which would be 15 minutes each of the two days of conferences.
19 Student Council Meeting 3:50-4:30
20 Title I Parent Meeting 6:00
22 Homecoming Parade
23 End of 1st Nine Weeks
26 Red Ribbon Week
3 & 5 grade vision screening
3 5th grade Miracle Mile at FTMS West
4 Cheeseburger in Paradise Restaurant Night
5 & 6 Parent Teacher Conferences
7 School Spirit Day
7 Adams Apple
Last Day before Fall Break
- Continue to let me know if you would like to do an instructional round to go observe another teacher, classroom, or idea! They have been going great!
- I will coming around to each grade level to discuss my lesson schedule! I'm excited to get in classrooms!
- New Teachers: If you need any assistance with infinite campus as we get closer to our end of the first nine weeks, just let me know.
- Raz-Kids is ordered! I will let you know as soon as we receive our stuff from the company and I will get all classrooms ready to go!
- Don't forget about the amazing leveled library in my office! Use these materials for teacher table, stations, modeled reading, or to build background knowledge! They are awesome!
September 5 Red
September 12 Yellow/Green
September 19 Red
September 26 95% Routine #23
October 3 Red
October 24 Yellow/Green
October 31 Red
November 7 95% Routine #24
November 14 Red
November 21 Yellow/Green
November 28 Red
December 5 95% Routine #25
December 12 Red
January 2 Yellow/Green
January 30 Red
February 6 95% Routine #26
February 13 Red
February 20 Yellow/Green
February 27 Red
March 6 Yellow/Green
March 13 95% Routine #27
April 3 Red
April 10 Yellow/Green
April 17 Red
April 24 95% Routine #28
http://mrnussbaum.com/clozemain/ CLICK FOR CLOZE READING TIPS
- Please add the new Party visitor policy to your newsletters. You can just copy the blurb below.
- Thank you for ensuring that you utilize RAZ in some way. The PTS purchased it for us and can be used in many different ways. If you need help with finding a way, just let us know.
- I will becoming around to classrooms during the week of October 7 to read my favorite book to your class. Please send me a time that works for you. I will not be able to come in on Thursday due to the principal meeting.
- Thank you for submitting your PLC feedback form. Good jobs to those who have!
- Transportation has asked that we NOT park in the front handicap spot where the blue lines are. The SPED bus has trouble getting through. Can we continue to park like we did today? Thank YOU!
- Thank you for either sending me your newsletter electronically, or putting it in my mailbox weekly.
Volunteers and Guests for Class Parties
Visitors to our building can now pre-register to come into the building for special programs, volunteering, or lunch. By doing this, the sign in process once in the building should take about 15 seconds. Please note, that if you have pre-registered but have not yet had your picture taken at the school it is required before a tag can be given. If you do not pre-register, you must bring a picture ID. This may cause a delay with getting to your child’s classroom on time. Thanks for your cooperation!
Please visit the following website to pre-register.