Board of Education News & Notes
Flemington-Raritan Regional School District
Board Meeting Highlights - 2/27/2023
The Flemington-Raritan Regional Board of Education held a regular meeting on February 27, 2023. Below is a recap of the meeting:
- All agenda motions were approved: Agenda.
- Each Board Committee Chairperson shared a summary of this month's committee meetings. Please click this link to view Board Committee Reports. A new section (below) has been added to Board News & Notes to highlight these committee reports after each Board meeting.
- The Board adopted the 2023-2024 District Calendar, linked here.
- Dr. McGann shared this linked Educator of the Year presentation.
- The district's annual audit report was presented by Heidi Wohlleb from Nisivoccia LLP. Audit reports and documents are linked online here.
- Click to access Audio Recordings of Board of Education Meetings.
Board Committee Reports
Please click this link to view Board Committee Reports presented by each Committee Chairperson during the meeting. Each summary provides a brief overview of the notable business of each Board committee that was discussed and approved this month but is not a comprehensive list of action items.
2023 Educators of the Year
Barley Sheaf School
Teacher of the Year: Beth Klepper, Grade 3
Educational Services Professional of the Year: Kari Rowe, Stretch
Copper Hill School
Teacher of the Year: Lindsay Lehman, Preschool
Educational Services Professional of the Year: Beth Spearman, Math Support
Francis A. Desmares School
Teacher of the Year: Katie Scheffler, Special Education Resource Room
Educational Services Professional of the Year: Viviana Moncada, Bilingual School Counselor
Robert Hunter School
Teacher of the Year: Colleen Ewing, Grade 1
Educational Services Professional of the Year: Michelle Hilke, Reading Recovery & Reading Support
Reading-Fleming Intermediate School
Teacher of the Year: Katherine Finch, Special Education
Educational Services Professional of the Year: Stella Muñoz, Paraprofessional
J.P. Case Middle School
Teacher of the Year: Samantha Sladky, Bilingual ESL
Educational Services Professional of the Year: Carolyn Follansbee, Paraprofessional
Pictured below are our Educators of the Year with members of our Board of Education, the Flemington-Raritan Education Association and our District's Administrative Team. Special thanks to ShopRite for donating flower bouquets to each award recipient.
The Board approved the 2023-2024 Calendar, linked and pictured below:
Policy & Regulation Update
The Board adopted the following revised regulation:
- R 7510.1 Classification and Facility Use Fee Schedule
All Board-approved policies and regulations are available online here.
Board Members (2023)
The Flemington-Raritan Regional School District values children. Together, WE:
Foster social, emotional, and academic growth in a safe and nurturing environment.
Respect values and traditions within our families and schools.
Strive to respond to the needs of our diverse and changing community.
Develop the curiosity and creativity of critical thinkers to become collaborative problem solvers who meet the challenges of a globally competitive society.
Every Student - Every Day - Every Opportunity