Bennett Bear Business Newsletter
Week of February 14, 2022
McKinney ISD Will Make Up Its Bad Weather Days
McKinney ISD will utilize its two Bad Weather Make-Up Days on April 15 and April 25 as a result of the recent school closings. These two days will be normal instructional days for all students.
The district has received questions about the possibility of applying for waivers. The state has not made waivers available for these two days; however, some districts do have additional instructional minutes built into their daily schedule and can use those in lieu of bad weather days. McKinney ISD does not have an extended school day with built-in instructional minutes. Therefore, the two bad weather days must be used in order to make up the lost instructional time.
Time to Complete Your Child's 2022-2023 Class Placement Form - Due Friday, March 4th
Bennett's 2021 Federal Report Card Information
Interested in Registering a NEW to McKinney ISD Student for the 2022-2023 School Year?
Parent Survey Request for Bennett's Three-Year Safety Audit
Important Dates for PTO Sponsored Yearbook
Check Out This Week's Grade Level Newsletters
Kindergarten's Weekly Newsletter
1st Grade's Weekly Newsletter
2nd Grade's Weekly Newsletter
3rd Grade's Weekly Newsletter
4th Grade's Weekly Newsletter
5th Grade's Weekly Newsletter
Specials' Weekly Newsletter
Learning Commons Weekly Newsletter
6th Grade Course Requests for Middle School
5th Grade Parents:
The course requests will be digital this year, and I will come to the end of 5th grade lunch this week to walk them through the process. Please click the link below for information on how to complete your child's 6th grade digital course request.
Safety Patrol Team 1 will Assist with Arrival & Dismissal
February Breakfast Menu
February Lunch Menu
4th & 5th Grade Choir - Monday, February 14th - 7:15AM
Valentine's Class Parties - Monday, February 14th - NEW TIME - 2:00PM-2:30PM
PTO Sponsored Valentine Party Snack Details - See Nurse Tiffany with Questions on Alternate Party Snack for Your BEAR
5th Grade Reading STAAR Field Test - Tuesday, February 15th
PTO Sponsored Marco's Pizza Spirit Night - Thursday, February 17th
NO Running Club - Friday, February 18th
Staff Development Waiver Day - No School for Students - Monday, February 21st
School Bus Driver Appreciation Day - Tuesday, February 22nd
Save the Date - February Bennett Live Celebrations - Tuesday, February 22nd
Modified Specials Schedule - Tuesday, February 22nd
Happy 2-22-2022 Day
2nd-5th Grade Running Club - Friday, February 25th
4th & 5th Grade Choir - Monday, February 28th - 7:15AM
Save the Dates - PTO Sponsored Virtual Variety Show Details
BEARS Celebrating an Upcoming Birthday in February
1 - Jaeah, Ethan, Eden
2 - Amanda, Mason
3 - Mia, Michael, Quin, Sufiyan, Israel, Olivia
4 - Alana, Katie, Mrs. McKenzie Thompson - STC Aide
5 - Victoria, Kaden, Alison
7 - Noah
8 - Dafna, Presley, Ashton, Keegan, Maddox
9 - Valentina, Malia
10 - Owen
13 - Ms. Holloway - 3rd Grade Teacher
14 - Rhett, Lai
15 - Travis, Sawyer, Claire
16 - Mrs. Covey - 1st Grade Teacher
18 - Brenlee
19 - Avery, Daniel, Mrs. Sullivan - Kindergarten Teacher
20 - Sophie, Ella
22 - Star, Alan, Emmaline
23 - Kylie
24 - Nora
26 - Naomi
27 - Carlie
Upcoming Events for our BEARS
Monday, February 14th:
*4th & 5th Grade Choir - 7:15AM
*Class Parties - TIME CHANGE - 2:00PM-2:30PM
Tuesday, February 15th:
5th Grade STAAR ELA Field Test for Bennett 5th Graders - more details to come
Wednesday, February 16th:
Parent Surveys Due for Bennett's Safety Adit
Thursday, February 17th:
PTO Sponsored Marco's Pizza Spirit Night
Friday, February 18th:
NO Running Club
Monday, February 21st:
*Staff Development Day for Staff
*No School for Students
Tuesday, February 22nd:
*School Bus Driver Appreciation Day
*NEW MONTHLY CELEBRATIONS - Replaces Friday Live
*Parents - Invitation & RSVP ONLY if your child will receive an award
*Kinder-2nd Grade - Bennett Live Celebration - 8:15AM-8:45AM - Gym
*3rd-5th Grade - Bennett Live Celebration - 9:00AM-9:30AM - Gym
Wednesday, February 23rd:
*February Creed Lunch - 1:00PM
Friday, February 25th:
2nd-5th Grade Running Club - 7:30AM
Saturday, February 26th:
4th & 5th Grade Alpha/GT Testing
Covid Update 2022
MISD Covid Testing By Appointment Only
NEW MISD Covid Protocols
Effective 8/2/2021, all existing protocols will be replaced with the following information. We will continue to monitor and adjust our protocols based on any updated information from Collin County Health Department, Texas DSHS, Texas Education Agency and CDC.
- All staff, visitors and students (with parental assistance) should monitor for symptoms of illness prior to campus arrival.
- CDC Guidance (including those fully vaccinated) recommends to maximize protection from the Delta variant and prevent possibly spreading it to others, wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of substantial or high transmission. Schools in Texas, including McKinney ISD, may highly recommend but may not require masks.
- Campuses will work to ensure no student is treated differently as a result of their choice to wear a mask or not wear a mask.
- Visitors will be allowed on campus according to standard visiting rules.
- Social distancing will be maintained when feasible.
- Staff and students will continue to be expected to wash their hands frequently throughout the day.
- Parents and employees will continue to be required to report confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 to campus administration or their supervisor, but this information will no longer be tracked on the District COVID-19 Dashboard.
- Staff and students with symptoms of COVID 19 (until ruled out) OR a confirmed case of COVID-19 must quarantine for 10 days from the date of symptom onset or positive test if no symptoms.
- Staff will not conduct close contact reviews and students/staff will not be required to quarantine for exposure.
- Current MISD COVID-19 numbers may be accessed through TEA at https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/schools/texas-education-agency/
- Current Collin County/City of McKinney numbers may be found at https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/8a63b1622bea4d65b28658f2101b539