Join the Fun and Make a Difference!
Join the LFHS Library Media Center Student Advisory Board
Do You Want to have a VOICE and a CHOICE in our Library Media Center Programs and Collection?
Our Library Media Center should be the heart of our school! Instead, most of our students have no interest in visiting or using the library. This saddens and disappoints me. It is time to turn this trend around and transform our Library Media Center into the place all our students want to be. Now is your opportunity to serve on a board that will directly lead and impact major changes to our Library Media Center.
What is the Library Media Center Student Advisory Board?
The Student Advisory Board will help serve the Library Media Center by:
- Promoting Reading and the Library Media Center to your peers and the community
- Planning activities and special projects
- Helping with our upcoming renovation plans
- Assisting with choosing books and materials to add to our collection
What is the Time Committment?
- Attending monthly lunchtime meetings in the LMC
- Additional hours required for committee meetings or special programs/projects
What are the Qualifications?
To qualify to serve on the Advisory Board you must:
- LOVE Reading!
- Enjoy being part of a team
- Have a desire to help improve our Library Media Center
- Complete the application and ask a teacher or counselor to fill out a recommendation form for you
- Be in good standing with no discipline referrals
What are the Benefits?
- You will have a say in book purchases and activities for students in the Library Media Center
- You will enjoy serving your school, community, and peers
- You will discover something interesting and fun to do!
- You will be able to turn hard work into an impact upon your school
What do Advisory Board Members Do?
The purpose of the Advisory Board is to improve our Library Media Center by:
- Make the Library Media Center a welcoming and inviting place for everyone
- Help set goals for the Library Media Center programs
- Plan and participate in Media Center programs
- Make suggestions for improvements
- Offer input for improving and expanding our collection
- Invite and encourage your peers to read and participate in Library Media Center programs
- Create displays and bulletin boards
- Help develop marketing materials
- Act as a leader and role model for your peers
- Advisory Board members are expected to participate in all activities and lead by example