Glenburnie PS Update
Monday, June 10, Day 4
- MADD presentation 2:00 pm - all 7s and 8s
Tuesday, June 11, Day 5
- Little Cat Conservation Area - Gailer/McLeod and Bates
Wednesday, June 12, Day 1
- Hot Lunch: Tony's Pizza (grilled chicken, hamburger, pizza), fruit kabob
Track and Field District Championship
Ultimate Frisbee Tourament at Glenburnie (5-8 pm)
Thursday, June 13, Day 2
- Resumes and Financial Literacy with Mr. Raby (Guidance Teacher) - 6/7 and 7/8
Friday, June 14, Day 3
- Lockdown Drill - morning
Hot Lunch Wednesdays
June 19 Hot dogs and milk shakes
June 26 Subway
June 18 Bates to Lake Ontario Park
June 20 Grade 7/8s to Canda's Wonderland
June 20 Gailer/McLeod and Irwin to Playtrium
June 26 Cornett and Onyskiw to Queen's Sports Day
June 26 Grade 8 Graduation 6:00 pm
3 Weeks 4 Change
Thanks to all the families who sent in cakes for the cake walk last Friday! It was very successful :)
Biking to School
- Supervision starts at 8:55 am. Students should not be on the school yard before this time.
- Students should never bike on the school yard, in the bus lane, on the sidewalk near the bus lane or in the parking lot.
- Upon arrival and at dissmissal, students should use the 2nd entrance. Bikes should be parked at the bike rack.
Greg Anderson, our Community Police Officer, came to do a bike safety presentation with our Grade 4-8 students last week. Here's a few remembers:
- Go With the Traffic Flow. Ride on the right in the same direction as other vehicles
- Obey All Traffic Laws. A bicycle is a vehicle and you're a driver
- Yield to Traffic When Appropriate
- Be Predictable
- Stay Alert at All Times
- Look Before Turning
- Watch for Parked Cars
- Ride single file (not in packs)
Glenburnie Parents: This is a reminder that you can order gift cards from Fundscrip all year long using our school code H4GP2Q.
Go to www.fundscrip.com and check out the gift cards offered. There are over 160 retailers from department stores to gas stations to restaurants and each month new promotions are offered. You can help our school raise money at no extra cost to you.
The gift cards can be shipped directly to you by Lettermail for $0.96. This option is for up to 4 cards or up to $500 value. The cards will be 2 to 7 business days in-transit. They can also be sent Xpresspost at an increased cost.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact Jen Flake email@example.com