Amplify - DIBELS Next & TRC
- Beginning of the Year: August 20 - September 16
- Middle of the Year: January 4 - February 12
- End of Year: April 11 - May 13
- DIBELS measures are administered one-on-one to a student in any order
- Teachers record student responses on their iPad
- Test administration takes 1 minute per measure
- See graphic below on what measures are tested at each grade level, and time of year.
- Special Note: The DIBELS testing process may require students to complete multiple measures. Teachers can avoid fatiguing students by administering only one or a few measures, per student, per day, until testing is complete. In the meantime, teachers may move on to another student.
Text Reading Comprehension (TRC)
- TRC books are administered one-on-one to a student
- Test administration is untimed
- The administration of the Written Comprehension assessment(s) are OPTIONAL.
- Teachers should consult a student's previous TRC benchmark level and other information to gauge what book level to start with (additional guidance on this topic included in the toolkit)
- Special Note: The TRC testing process may require students to read multiple books from the TRC kit. The iPad will direct teachers to move up or down Guided Reading Levels until testing is complete. Teachers can avoid fatiguing students by administering only one or a few books per student, per day, until testing is complete. In the meantime, teachers may move on to another student.
Amplify Testing Materials
DIBELS Next Kit (color-coded by grade-level)
- Benchmark Assessment Book
- Progress Monitoring Book
- Assessment Manual
ATLAS TRC Kit
- Benchmark Books
- ATLAS Book List
- Optional Written Comprehension Questions
iPad 2 (w/case, USB Cord, and wall charger)
TESTING MATERIALS ARE ASSIGNED TO A SCHOOL, AND DO NOT TRANSFER WITH THE TEACHER.
If you are experiencing problems, or have questions about using your iPad, please contact Karen Enright at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (812)-435-8413.