Weekly Market News
Suwanee Whole Life Co-op
Order on Our Website: http://suwanee.locallygrown.net/market Fridays to Sundays
Pick Up Location: 1300 Peachtree Industrial Blvd, Suite 1104, Suwanee 30024 at Cultured Traditions (LOWER LEVEL at The Plaza at Suwanee Station Shopping Center)
Pick Up Date & Time: WEDNESDAYS 1 pm to 6:30pm
A&A Alta Cucina on the market this week!
PLEASE HELP! Volunteers Needed at pick up!
WE NEED A VOLUNTEER NEXT WEDNESDAY, 3/14, FOR THE 3PM SHIFT
Please consider volunteering during market pick up. I can’t run the co-op without your help! Shifts are 1 hour long and go by really fast. It's a great opportunity to meet fellow members!
*You might notice some young women & men helping out at the co-op on Wednesdays. These are some wonderful North Gwinnett High School Beta Club students that are helping to earn service hours. Please allow them to help you gather your items or bring to car. They are there to serve :-)
THANK YOU Diana, Cindy, Jonathan, Evan, Chuck, and Erika for volunteering yesterday!
No packing is involved just need someone to be there to assist other members. You are welcome to bring your kids as long as they are supervised.
Display Baskets Needed!
Looking for something to do with the kids? Join the GO With Will email list and get a weekly list of kid-friendly events all over Georgia. Link to sign up https://jbelle_0.gr8.com/
Ready for a great book? Check out a fellow co-op member's recent work at https://www.amazon.com/J.-Belle-Ortega/e/B01DN5OJWS/ref=dp_byline_cont_pop_book_1
You support us and we support YOU!! This section of the newsletter is dedicated to helping support our community. If you are looking for a job, have a business you want to share, a community event, etc., please let me know. I write the newsletter every Thursday so submissions are due by Wednesday. Please email your submission to email@example.com
Recipe of the Week
Beef Pot Roast with Winter Root Vegetables
Link to recipe: http://nourishedkitchen.com/beef-pot-roast/
Beef and root vegetables are slow-roasted in red wine and seasoned with fragrant thyme for a tender and richly flavored winter supper.
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 2½ to 3 lb grass-fed beef rump roast
- 5 medium carrots, (peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 3 medium parsnips, (peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 2 medium turnips, (peeled and chopped into bit-sized pieces)
- 2 tbsp whole black peppercorns
- 2 bay leafs
- 1 bunch thyme
- 1½ cups red wine, (preferably cabernet sauvignon)
- 1 cup beef stock, (preferably homemade)
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, (chopped fine)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a heavy-bottomed, oven-proof Dutch oven or clay baker, heat butter until melted. Gently brown the roast on all sides in the butter and set aside.
- Add chopped carrots, parsnips and turnips to the Dutch oven or clay baker.
- Season the beef and vegetables with bay leafs, thyme and whole black peppercorns.
- Pour red wine and beef stock over the vegetables and meat, place in the oven and bake, covered, for three to four hours.
- Remove from oven and garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Upcoming Group Buys/Vendors of the Day
Below is a list of upcoming co-op group buys to help with planning and budgeting. All dates are subject to change.
Wild Caught Seafood (VitalChoice) - 3/30 - 4/1
Grass Fed Cheese - 4/13/18 - 4/15/18
Upcoming Farmer/Vendor of the Day/Farm Tour-
Spring Meet & Greet "Pop up" Market - TBD Spring 2018
Steering Committee Meeting - TBD Sunday, (more details to come)
We are an online farmers market that strives to provide the community convenient access to nutrient dense, organically grown foods and healthy products that contain No Antibiotics, No Hormones, No Synthetic Fertilizers or Chemicals, No Additives, such as MSG or Nitrates, No GMO Soy and No GMOs.
Market is open for online orders Fridays starting at 7:30 am to Sundays ending at 6 pm. Pick up is in Suwanee at Cultured Traditions on Wednesdays from 1 pm to 6:30 pm only. Please make sure you understand how we work before you order.