SUMMER REGISTRATION FORECAST
JUNE - JULY 2021
WELCOME TO THE GLC SUMMER REGISTRATION PROCESS MUSTANGS!
Welcome to Summer Registration 2021! In an effort to streamline the process and make it most convenient for parents our GLC summer registration appointments will be virtual. This will also ensure that GLCs have one-on-one time with each student and their families to discuss their future at Walnut High School and beyond.
Please be sure to follow these THREE steps below to ensure you have a smooth registration process with your GLC this summer!
STEP 1: Aeries Data Confirmation
Step 1: Complete Data Confirmation
- WHS will be utilizing your Aeries Parent Portal account to finalize registration documents. Through your AERIES Parent Portal account, you will be able to finalize parent/guardian information, emergency card information, and registration documents. The Aeries Parent Portal is now open for data confirmation and verification of continuing students in Walnut Valley Unified School District. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MEET WITH YOUR GLC IF DATA CONFIRMATION IS NOT COMPLETE. For additional clarification on the data confirmation process, please watch the video here.
Step 2: Virtual GLC Meeting through Zoom, Google Meet, or WebEx
Step 2: Virtual Meeting with your GLC
- WHS will start virtual registration meetings on June 28th. Your registration appointment will be held virtually through WebEx, Zoom, or Google Meet. We put together a short video on how to use WebEX, WebEx Tutorial Here. Your appointment will last about 20 minutes.
- Please go through the prepared slide deck presentation before your appointment, GLC Slide Deck Presentation. A slide deck is an interactive power point. Watch this short video on how to interact with the presentation, WATCH HERE.
Step 3: On Campus Item Pick Up & Purchases
Step 3: On Campus ASB ID | Textbook pickup
- Walnut High School students and families are welcome to come onto campus the day after their GLC appointment to pick up textbooks, and have an opportunity to purchase an ASB ID card, Yearbook, P.E. clothes, WHS apparel and WHS planner. Please bring a printed copy of the student(s) class schedule to receive textbooks.
- Date: June 29 - July 23 (closed July 5th in observance of the Holiday)
Time: 8:00 AM - 2:30 PM (Closed for lunch 11:00 am - 12:00 pm)
- Location: Library
Parking & Map
Visitor parking available in the STUDENT PARKING LOT. Enter through the E/F gate.
Social Distancing guidelines will be enforced at all times. Face masks are required. Security and staff will supervise the entire campus, and ensure all visitors wear a mask, and abide by the safety protocols recommended by the CDC and LA County. There will be no entry without face masks.
Please find our map below:
Coming on to Campus
All students and visitors coming to Walnut High School must complete one of the following forms prior to being allowed to enter. The Department of Health is still requiring COVID tracing protocols, which is why we need all students and visitors coming on to campus for registration to fill out this form the day they plan to come on to campus.
Please click on the buttons below to fill out the form.
2021-2022 School Year Parking Permit Applications
Students MUST have a WHS Parking Permit to park in our parking lot this coming school-year.
Students must complete the parking permit application below from their school google account. Once completed and appropriate forms uploaded, students will visit Mrs. Markel in the front office on the day they pick up their textbooks (which will be the day after their registration appointment).
If students will be parking in our lot at a future date, they may complete the application at that time and visit Mrs. Markel in the front office for their permit.
PICK UP YOUR YEARBOOK!
On July 15, we handed out yearbooks to our students. If you did not have a chance to pick one up, please swing by the front office from 8:00 - 3:00 pm (Monday - Friday) to get yours.
TUTORIALS & RESOURCES
Coming Back to School: A Message from our GLCs
NAVIGATING THROUGH THE GLC SLIDE DECK PRESENTATION BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
WebEX GLC Meeting Tutorial: How to Attend Your Virtual Meeting
Stop by the Walnut High Community Club Booth
Walnut High Community Club is proud to have been able to support our students, teachers and staff during an extraordinary year last year. We put your donation dollars to work so we look forward to your continued support starting this summer at registration!
When you stop by the registration booth, you will see the new special edition "Mustang Pride" water bottle and other goodies and information! These bottles will come in handy as all the water fountains on campus have been converted to water bottle filling stations.
We all want our school to be the best it can be for our students and staff so thank you for supporting WHCC!
GLC SUMMER Registration Appointments
9th GRADE (Class of 2025)
Viviana Hoyos (A – Lo) firstname.lastname@example.org
Sonia Nunez (Lu – Z) email@example.com
10th GRADE (Class of 2024)
Nathan Newman (A – Li) firstname.lastname@example.org
Jenny Alegre (Lo – Z) email@example.com
11th GRADE (Class of 2023)
Jennifer Tucker (A – Lim) firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff Jacks (Lin – Z) email@example.com
12th GRADE (Class of 2022)
Ken McDill (A - Li) firstname.lastname@example.org
Corolar Schultz (Lo – Z) email@example.com
ADP (Academic Design Program)
Elisabeth Everts firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer Peiten jLPeiten@wvusd.org
WHS GLC Model
The Grade Level Coordinator (GLC) program replaced the traditional counselor system at Walnut in 1984. The GLC model is a holistic approach to school counseling. The GLC's are supervised by the Assistant Principal and each has about 300 students they deal with on a regular basis.
- College Counseling
- Personal Counseling
- Student Discipline
- 8th Grade Orientation
- Summer Registration
GLCs are also responsible for campus supervision and activities supervision. This makes them some of the best known people around. Walnut High credits the GLC program and each GLC with accomplishments such as a drop out rate of less than one percent, a graduation rate of over 98%, and an average daily attendance rate over 95%.
Please visit each grade level web page by clicking on the GLC team page HERE.
Message From Nutrition Services Department
Good evening Walnut Families,
Please see updated memo regarding our summer “Grab & Go” meal distribution programs at Diamond Bar and Walnut High Schools.
- 7:30am to 9:00am.
- CLOSED FRIDAYS – effective immediately
- Ends Thursday, July 29th
Thank you for your continued support of our program!
NOTABLE FUTURE DATES (Dates & Times are Subject to Change)
Yearbook Distribution : Thursday, July 15, 2021 | 2:00pm-5:00pm
Last Day of Summer School: Thursday, July 15, 2021
GLC Virtual Registration Begins: Monday, June 28, 2021
First Day of School: Monday, August 9, 2021
Last Day of School: Thursday, May 26, 2022