Award winning Actress to Humanitarian
Birth and Death of Audrey Hepburn
Audrey was born in Brussels, Belgium May 04, of 1929. The 20th of January , in 1993 in Tolocbenaz, Switzerland she died from colon cancer.
Audrey Hepburn's Childhood
Aubrey's father an English-Irish banker, left her family when she was 8 years old. Soon they had moved to England to pursue her dance career she was in a few bits on stage and the screen. Then she was found by Colette in Monte Carlo, Monaco. Little did she know how big of an actress she would become.
- Won Oscar for Roman Holiday in 1953
- Stared in My fair lady and won another Academy award in 1964
- In the later portion of her life she was named "goodwill ambassador" for the United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
- She would raise money for charity and because of all her popularity she brought attention to the plight of the worlds needy children
- She worked in fields taking care of sick children and reporting the suffering of children if she saw it
- She used her skills to help the children in need and taught them but many of them did not even know this pretty women was an award winning actress. She was just a normal person to them who gave them a lot of help
Choices & Results
The choices she made by helping the children in need were very positive. Without her help many of these children would have died. I believe her acting career helped a lot with the spread of knowing about these children and so other people could get involved also to help these children
In Her Words
Aubrey didn't say what made her become a humanitarian but many believe its because along with her grandparents she received food from a relief agency like UNICEF's precursor. "My career is a complete mystery to me. It's been a total surprise since the first day. I never thought I was going to be an actress; I never thought I was going to be in movies. I never thought it would all happen the way it did." Real quote from Audrey.
Words From Him and Her
- "If there was a cross between the salt of the earth and a regal queen," "then she was it"
- "With Audrey it's king of unpredictable. She's like a good tennis player-- she varies he shots."
She made sixteen films in thirteen years but the impact she had made was so amazing she set a standard for the substance and style that women imitated ever since.
- "Audrey Hepburn." Contemporary Theatre, Film and Television. Vol. 11. Detroit: Gale, 1993 Biography in Context. Web. 3 May 2016.-- This article had some good information about her acting career and what she was titled after her career. It also is a reliable source.
- "Hepburn's Little Black Dress Funds Schools." Morning Edition 6 Apr. 2007. Biography in Context. Web. 8 May 2016.-- I believe that this audio presents a good example of one of the projects Audrey did. I also thought some audio on my poster would do me some good.
- Audrey Hepburn." Gale Biography in Context. Detroit: Gale, 2010. Biography in Context. Web. 4 May 2016.--
- Unicef USA --They had a good video of how Audrey was a good contributor towards unicef. It is also an official website so it should be a reliable source.
- Audrey (Edda) Hepburn." Almanac of Famous People. Gale, 2011. Biography in Context. Web. 3 May 2016-- I used this source because I knew this was a good picture of Audrey Hepburn. I also wanted to add a few pictures of her.
- "Audrey Hepburn." Encyclopedia of World Biography. Detroit: Gale, 1998. Biography in Context. Web. 3 May 2016.-- It gave nice details that other articles didn't have. It also expanded on her work as a humanitarian.
- Audrey Hepburn, Circa 1955." Gale Biography in Context. Detroit: Gale, 2010. Biography in Context. Web. 4 May 2016. -- This article had more facts on the legacy she left behind and her death. I pulled some good information out of this article.
- Audrey Hepburn Wins at the 1954 Academy Awards." Gale Biography in Context. Detroit: Gale, 2010. Biography in Context. Web. 4 May 2016. -- In this article it included information about the awards she has won. Not just the awards for acting but also her work as a humanitarian.
- "Audrey Hepburn." Gale Biography in Context. Detroit: Gale, 2010. Biography in Context. Web. 4 May 2016.-- I wanted to add a few pictures of Audrey to give the readers more of a visual on how Audrey put herself together. It also shows why so many people adore her for her looks and talent.
- "Selected Websites on Audrey Hepburn's Life and Works." Gale Biography in Context. Detroit: Gale, 2009. Biography in Context. Web. 9 May 2016.-- I used this source because I know it has accurate information rather than some other sites. It also included real quotes from Audrey.