Message from the Principal...
Hello Sunnyside Families,
We made it through this year! Thank you to our families for your flexibility and support during this unique year and a half! Hopefully we will be back to a more "normal" school year. Although our school doors were shut to our families, we still accomplished so much. I am proud of our work around Globalization ~ Passport Around the World Theme. Students learned about other cultures, traditions, customs and foods around the world. Our hope is that student have gained an understanding around acceptance, respect and diversity. We are all different, yet have common threads that bring us together. We’d like to wish all of our families a safe and sun-filled summer vacation. Don’t forget to keep up with the Governor’s Reading Challenge. Help us achieve 100% participation!!! This year's theme is Tails and Tales -https://portal.ct.gov/Office-of-the-Governor/News/Press-Releases/2021/05-2021/Governor-Lamont-Launches-2021-Governors-Summer-Reading-Challenge .
- Full Distance Learners must return chromebooks by 4pm on June 16th.
- Field Day will be Tuesday, June 8th. Unfortunately no parent volunteers are allowed this year due to Covid guidelines. Students will be socially distanced and participate in about 8 events. It is a smaller scale than normal and no inflatables will be utilized. A picnic lunch will be provided by Whitsons. More information will be sent home next week.
- Students are allowed to demask during outside PE classes and recess. Students will continue to physically distance themselves.
- Move Up Day will be June 16th. Students will meet the grade level teachers for the coming year. No assignments will be given out. Families will be notified at the end of August regarding teacher assignments. Students will receive recommend supply lists, too.
- Whitson's final meal pick up will be on Thursday June 24th for the evening pick-ups and on Friday June 25th for the daytime pick-ups. I will be set up for a 6-day meal pick up to provide food through June 30th.
- Sumer Learning Programs run July 6th- July 30th, Monday through Friday from 8:30am-11:30am.
- All library books need to be returned ASAP. Report cards will be held if they are not returned or compensation for a lost book.
To report a positive Covid19 case, please contact the school nurse directly: Stephanie Elliott...203-922-3021 or email at email@example.com. You may also contact Adrianna Collins firstname.lastname@example.org .
Be like Pete the Tiger, wear your mask!
See below for spirit days..."SUMMER IS HERE!"
June 1st ~ First Spirit Day of "Summer is Here!" S= Stuffed Animal Day
June 3rd ~ PBIS Dance Party outside by grade with DJ Festa
June 7th ~ "Sunnyside" Seniors to visit outside
June 8th ~ Field Day for Students
June 9th ~ Ice Cream Truck for Staff from PTO
June 14th ~ Yearbook Distribution
June 14th ~ Grade 4 Class Day
June 11th -June 16th ~ 1:50 dismissal for students
June 15th & 16th ~ Distance Learners to return chromebooks
June 16th ~ Last Day of School - Where some fun Summer attire to School!
2021-22 School Year begins on WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8TH
Click here to to access the books we explored this month!
SUMMER IS HERE!!!!
See calendar below.
As the school year wraps up, we would like to thank you for all of your support over this unique school year. We are very much looking forward to more of a normal school year in the Fall! We held our final meeting of the year last week.
We hope to see you at our next meeting in September!
At our last PTO meeting we voted on our 2021-2022 executive board members.
Our executive board is as follows:
President: Jessica Scerbo
VP: Liz Cook
VP: Katie Dansereau
Treasurer: Kristen Stone
Corresponding Secretary: Suzanne Tortora
Recording Secretary: Brittany Bertanza
Have a great Summer!
Click here to find our school (search by zip code and toggle down)and donate your points to Sunnyside School.
Shelton Family Outdoor Movie Nights
Silver Sluggers Shelton Baseball Camp
School Reward Programs
Join the thousands of people partnering with Coca-Cola who are making a difference in lives around the world. Watch the video to learn how you can donate codes from your favorite Coca-Cola beverages. https://us.coca-cola.com/give/
Search by our zip code - 06484 and toggle down until you see Sunnyside School.
BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION
Box Tops for Education can be sent in to your classroom teachers anytime throughout the school year. Please submit them in an envelope whenever possible with your child’s name, teacher’s name and number of Box Tops written on the outside. The money we receive through this program will be used to purchase supplies for Sunnyside School. The more Box Tops we collect, the more educational supplies we can buy. The class that collects the most will earn extra recess time! Happy collecting!
Help Sunnyside School earn extra funding by registering your REDcard under Sunnyside School. Parents may register online through the Target website. Target will donate up to 1% of your REDcard purchases at Target stores and at Target.com.
Sunnyside School is registered for Smile Amazon. It’s another reward program where the school earns a percentage of your purchases when shopping with Amazon. All you need to do is sign into Amazon through www.smile.amazon and select Sunnyside Elementary School PTO. Once you select Sunnyside School, every time you shop through smile.amazon, it automatically recognizes that charitable organization. It’s the same site as Amazon, and your Amazon Prime subscription works too! The upcoming holiday shopping season is the perfect time to raise money for our school! All proceed will help support our PBIS incentives. https://smile.amazon.com/ch/27-3588783
Click Here Complete this COVID 19 check each morning before your child leaves for school each day. If you reply YES to any of the questions, STAY HOME!! It is imperative that we work TOGETHER to keep our schools safe.