Ranger News: Week of May 18, 2020
From the Principal
- As the school year comes to an end, it is important to us to return your student’s personal items. We have developed a plan for item retrieval similar to our technology device distribution. All schools will be distributing student personal items via a drive through service the week of June 1st. If you have personal items at school you want to retrieve, please complete this survey (bit.ly/endofyearpickup) to assist us. Warren staff will be packing up these items over the next few weeks to prepare for distribution. We will also be collecting school issued textbooks and library books at this time.
John Kleine, Principal
Updated Food Outreach Programs
Learn at Home information
- All teachers are available for virtual office hours on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday each week from 9-10am. Students/caregivers can also call or email teachers any time, and can expect timely responses during the hours of 9am-4pm every weekday.
- All students have Virtual Community Time (Core Connect class) on Tuesday and Thursday from 9-10 a.m.
- Warren's Learn at Home FAQ sheet is a good resource for finding the answer to basic questions: ENGLISH SPANISH Questions regarding Warren's Learn at Home lessons can be directed to the eLearning hotline phone number 317-608-0545 or mail MSDWarrenELEARNING@warren.k12.in.us.
- Students in need of either a Chromebook or device repair can visit Warren Central HS, Door 70, 11am-1pm any weekday (Monday - Friday).
Technology support is here! We are excited to offer opportunities for you to learn the technology utilized by your student(s) so that you can better support them in their Learn at Home/E-Learning Experience. We are offering support with Zoom, Google, Seesaw, and the Canvas Parent App. Register to join live learning Sessions with Q&A. Pre-recorded tutorials are also available.
Warren Padres / Cuidadores,
¡El soporte tecnológico está aquí! Nos complace ofrecerle oportunidades para que aprenda la tecnología utilizada por su (s) estudiante (s) para que pueda apoyarlos mejor en su experiencia de Aprendizaje en el hogar / E-Learning. Estamos ofreciendo soporte con Zoom, Google, Seesaw y la aplicación Canvas Parent. Regístrese para unirse a las sesiones de aprendizaje en vivo con preguntas y respuestas. También hay tutoriales pregrabados disponibles.
Additional Teacher Support for Learning at Home
Attention families of 7th & 8th grade Rangers:
Parents and Guardians- Do not forget to submit a 21st Century Scholars application for your 7th or 8th grader.
What is 21st Century Scholars? It is an early-college promise program designed to help ensure that every Hoosier student can afford the opportunity provided by a college education. Today, eligible students who maintain the Scholar Pledge to excellence in school and life receive a scholarship for up to four years of up to 100% tuition at an eligible Indiana college or university after they graduate from high school.
*8th Grade Parents-- The deadline to submit an application for your student is quickly approaching. All applications for current 8th grade students must be submitted by June 30, 2020!
Need help? Contact your grade level counselor for assistance:
7th Grade- Mrs. Iris Parrish email@example.com
8th Grade- Mrs. Adrienne Mathews firstname.lastname@example.org
Internet Access Survey
PLEASE VISIT THIS LINK TO COMPLETE THE SURVEY.
Dr. John Kleine - Principal
Mrs. Jina Simmons - 5th Grade Level Administrator
Mr. Andrew McAulay - 5th Grade Counselor
317.532-8900 ext. 8960
Mrs. April Price - 6th Grade Level Administrator
Ms. Katie Piatt - 6th Grade Counselor
317.532.8900 ext. 8910
Mr. Bill Halpin - 7th Grade Level Administrator
Mrs. Iris Parrish -7th Grade Counselor
317.532.8900 ext. 6508
Dr. Leondra Radford - 8th Grade Level Administrator
317.622.6851 (text only, please)
Mrs. Adrienne Mathews - 8th Grade Counselor
317.532.8900 ext. 8909