The Sunday Message
Announcements, Resources, Celebrations 9/17/18
WE ARE BETTER TOGETHER.
BETTER TOGETHER CAMPAIGN
LANDSCAPE CLEAN UP DAY
Please join PUE families for our first Fall clean up day on Saturday, Sept. 22 from 9:15 am to 12:15 pm. Good timing what with all the debris that fell from trees from Hurricane Florence. Our main goals for this date will be to significantly clean out the carpool island to improve visibility and to remove debris and bushes in front of the K-1 hall facing the parking lot. We will also plant grass seed where the butterfly garden was cleaned out this past April.
We welcome parents, students and staff to help make our school grounds look fresher and beautiful. If interested in helping with landscaping events, please join the Landscaping Hub in MemberHub. You may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for questions, comments and suggestions.
We greatly need volunteers to help make this a success! Water and snacks will be provided by the PTA. Students are welcome to participate and their parents must also be present. We hope to see you there!
ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THE WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 17-21, 2018
We hope that you and your family are safe and weathered Hurricane Florence. It has been a long time since our state has had such a storm.
Make Up Day: This Saturday will be a 1/2 day Make Up Day for the Friday, September 14th lost to adverse weather. Students should bring a snack as breakfast and lunch will not be served. Bus transportation will operate normally other than the early dismissal. Please note that students are dismissed at 12:45 on make up days and not at the Early Dismissal Day dismissal of 1:15.
National Teacher Assistant Appreciation Week: This week is National Teacher Assistant Appreciation Week. Please thank our instructional assistants for all that they do for students in and out of the classroom. Our school is a safer and academically stronger place because of our outstanding assistants.
As mentioned in last week's Sunday Message, the PTA would like to provide staff appreciation meals for the PUE staff in a different way. Instead of asking all parents for contributions for every early release meal they are asking that parents from each grade level to be responsible for just ONE meal. After that they are done. The upcoming Early Release Meal on Friday, September 28th will be the responsibility of 5th GRADE PARENTS!!! That being said all 5th grade classrooms will are being asked to contribute to their teacher's lunch. Please send in your check or access the following link Staff Appreciation Monetary Donation to support your grade level staff appreciation lunch!!
Lego Club Update: 3-5 will meet on the second Tuesday of each month and the K-2 on the second Wednesday of each month. Both groups will meet in the Media Center from 8-8:45. Your child must register to participate in the program. Registration fliers will be coming out soon. Be sure to check your Tuesday Folders.
- Thank you to all the carpoolers that have equipped each of their cars with their child's carpool number and keep it hung on the mirror UNTIL your child has been loaded in the car.
- Please remember that carpool remains in a single lane until 3:15.
- Exit before the carpool circle if you have picked up the kids and walked them to the car to AVOID any cars driving on the inside lane of carpool.
- Please schedule doctor, dentist, etc. appointments so that your child can be picked up by 3:15. After that time students will need to remain in class to finish the day. Instruction takes place and evening assignments are being reviewed right up to the bell and it is important that staff not be interrupted during this time.
- Cell phones should be put aside once the carpool line starts moving. It is essential that your focus is on student safety at that time. I have directed staff to ask you put your phone down if it is being used once carpool has started. We can't afford any student injuries, especially when preventable.
SEPTEMBER FAMILY FUN NIGHT
PTA FIELD TRIP T-SHIRTS AVAILABLE!!
Fourth and Fifth grade field trip shirts are in! We have a limited number of shirts and sizes remaining. Please get yours soon before we run out!
In addition, our school store has stocked our most popular sizes for field trip shirts this year. We have a new panther logo that can be purchased in cotton or dry fit as well as a limited number of the original cotton PUE Paw shirts. Want to get a look at the T-shirts. Go to Panther T-Shirts. Please order your field trip shirts at the PUE school store website or stop by the school store on Mondays (cash, credit or check) or Wednesdays (cash and check only) before school. If your size/style is not in stock, we will include it in our next batch order.
If you have any questions, please contact the PUE School Store Manager - Laura Cox - at email@example.com.
Mark Your Calendar
Monday, September 17
- Teacher Assistant Appreciation Week, Mon. Sept. 17-Friday, Sept. 21
Tuesday, September 18
- 8:15 PTA Meeting in Media Center
Wednesday, September 19
- Yom Kippur
Saturday, September 22
- Make Up Day for Friday, September 14th-Students dismissed at 12:45
- 9:15-12:15 PTA Landscape Day
Sunday, September 23
- 3:00 Family Fun Day @ Tree Runner
Friday, September 28
- Early Release at 1:15
- Track 4 Tracks Out