Age of Exploration
Research Project / Smore
- Students will be able to conduct short research projects that build knowledge through investigation of different aspects of a topic.
- Students will be able to repot on a topic using appropriate facts and details.
- Students will be able to use prior knowledge to answer questions about hypothetical scenarios.
- Students will be able to explore the relationships between more than one explorer.
- Students will be able to engage in collaborative discussions about an explorer, and their journey.
You will be creating a Smore on a specific Explorer (of your choice) who made an important impact during the Age of Exploration. You need to pick an explorer and then do research over their background, achievements, discoveries and their impact on the world. This will all be put into a Smore presentation. You will then meet with your partner to create a Venn Diagram, and answer certain questions.
- Name / Explorers Name / Partner / Partners Name
- Title Banner with Explorer name and slogan
- Appearance is professional, organized, and creative
- Background Section has 3 or 4 specific facts
- Achievements / Discovers Section has 3 or 4 specific facts
- Impact on World Section has 3 or 4 specific facts
- Digital Sources include 5 photos, 1 map, 1 video link, and 3 websites
- Note Page is completed
- Partner Work is completed, and research is used to answer questions
Explorers to Choose From!
Note Taking Sheet
Give specific details and use research to back up your ideas.
- What influenced each explorers to start the journey?
- Did one explorer's journey influence the other explorer?
- Would things be different for one explorers if the other didn't complete their journey? If so, why?
- What would it have been like if the explorers went on a journey together? Give specific details?