The Kerr Chronicle
6th Grade Social Studies
The 6th graders have begun their study of ancient India. This includes the study of the Indus Valley Civilization as well as the Aryans and how these two groups spread their culture throughout ancient India. We will also look at the growth and development of two major world religions, Buddhism and Hinduism, and how these religions impacted the lives of the people of India as well as the rest of Asia. After this chapter, we will begin to learn about ancient Rome.
6th Grade Religion
7th Grade Social Studies
The seventh graders will continue their study of the middle ages by looking at the later Middle Ages. This will include the role that Christanity and Popes played in the formation of kingdoms in Europe, the Crusades, the Hundred Years’ War, and the Black Death. After this chapter, we will turn our focus to the Italian Renaissance.
8th Grade Social Studies
The eighth graders will continue to study the regions of the North and the South. After this, we will turn our attention to the divided nation which involved the causes of the Civil War. This involves studying the issue of slavery, the Compromise of 1850, the Kansas-Nebraska Act, the Election of 1860, and the southern secession.
Reminders for April
- Make sure to check Gradelink on a regular basis to monitor your child's progress.
- Faith in Action Campus Clean Up Day - Saturday, April 9
- Holy Week - Sunday, April 10
- Lenten Prayer Service and 8th Grade Stations - Wednesday, April, 13 at 11:15am
- Easter Vacation - Thursday, April 14 - Friday, April 22
- Progress Reports - Thursday, April 28
- All Wednesdays are 12:00 pm (Noon) dismissal
- Send-Off Prayers every Friday at 2:40 pm
Disciple of Christ
Congratuations to Ean I for being March's Disciple of Christ for Integrity.Character Trait for April is Curiosity
1. Colored copy paper
2. Blinds for the windows
3. Boxes of Kleenex