January 5th, 2020
The Work of Christmas Begins
When the carols have been stilled,
When the star-topped tree is taken down,
When family and friends are gone home,
When we are back to our schedules
The work of Christmas begins:
To welcome the refugee,
To heal a broken planet,
To feed the hungry,
To build bridges of trust, not walls of fear,
To share our gifts,
To seek justice and peace for all people,
To bring Christ’s light to the world.
- by Michael Dougherty, a variation on Howard Thurman’s ‘When the Song of the Angels is Stilled’
UP Coming Events
6. First Day Back at School
8. Early Dismissal (students are dismissed at 2:15)
8. FOP for Brighter Beginnings: It Takes a Village: Coffee Group
9. Gr.4 ECO Buddies Science Field Trip at Strathcona Science Park.
14. School Council Mtg 7:00 pm
15. FOP for Brighter Beginnings: Visual Stories and Social Stories
16. All Students Dress in Pyjamas: Pyjama Day
17. 2L in-school field trip
20 - 24. Alien In-Line Skating for Kindergarten to Grade 4 all week
28. Gr. 4 In-school Field Trip
30. Winter Wonder Land Day ... Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides and Snow activities.
30. Report Cards turned on in Power School
Alberta Education Accountability Survey
Alberta Education will be conducting the annual Accountability Pillar Survey in the new year. Parents of students in grade 4, 7 and 10 will receive a mailed survey from Alberta Education
(if the school has fewer than 120 students, parents of students in grades 4-12 will receive the survey in the month of January)
As an annual check-up on the education system, the Accountability Pillar provides an opportunity for Alberta Education to ensure that we are equipping students for success.
Kindergarten Registration Opens February 1st, 2020.
Age of Entry: 5 years old on or before December 31, 2020.
More information will be found on the MCS website. https://mcs.eics.ab.ca/