Can you believe it's here? 2016 is going to be auh-mazing!
New Year's GOALS and SUCCESS Planning! Who's with me?
1) I MUST practice my vital behaviors DAILY! (Talk to at least 2 people each and every single day about Origami Owl, wear my locket EVERYWHERE I go, AND spend 15 minutes each day in personal and professional development!
2) Concentrate on my social media marketing. Post at least once a day on each page and develop more exciting and swoon-worthy posts. Specifically I am going to concentrate on 3 avenues: Facebook business page, Instagram, and Pinterest.
3) Work with the willing! I want to help support you and your Origami Owl business! If you want support, coaching, and motivation, I am here for those that ask for my assistance! Let's set up coaching calls, accountability partners and lots of collaborative trainings! There is so much we can learn TOGETHER!
4) GET ON THE PHONE and call past hostesses and customers! Yep, one of the things I dislike the most, but is the most successful practice. FOLLOW-UP! And send a thank you for your time snail mail notecard after each call. Such a wonderful and personal practice to increase your local customer base!
I know that if I practice these steps with conviction my business will grow! And in 2016, I NEED my business to grow! I need to STAND on my WHY, remember my WHY, pray upon my WHY, and work my hooty booty off because of my WHY! If you don't know you WHY the moment you read this and it doesn't pull on those heart strings, it's time to rethink your WHY and make it bigger! More powerful! And more important!
My Why: I need to make enough money to continue to stay home and raise my babies instead of a nanny! When Billy was born, I returned to work when he was 8 months. I was fortunate enough as a teacher to take off 8 full months, but when I went back to work it broke my heart! Even with my promotion to what WAS my current dream job, I wanted to be home raising my son. I worked for 18 months away from Billy. It broke my heart! Every day I would cry on my drive to work knowing that I was missing those amazing moments with my son. I missed his first step I am certain, even though his babysitter told me I didn't! ;) With my second child, I knew that I needed to stay home and raise them both. I took leave in Jan 2014 when Aidan was born and I need to work each and every day to maintain being able to financially stay home! And now with both boys almost in preschool (even if just 3 days a week for a couple of hours), now I need to make enough to stay home with them AND enough to pay for preschool, which even at a co-op preschool for 3.5 hours/3 days a week is a lot of money! When Billy started his second year of preschool this past August, I paid CASH for Billy's full year of preschool. That money was 100% from my Origami Owl business and I want to do the same for Aidan's when he starts in the next couple of months! When my boys are at preschool, I want to spend that time working my business, contacting you (my amazing team members), past hostesses and customers AND I need to spend this time completing my Educational Doctorate Degree. For those of you that know, I have been ABD (all but dissertation) for my Ed.D. since January 2012. I have completely changed my topic and need to be finished and accepted by July 2018! That's not very much time! I need to be able to stay home to finish this before that quickly approaching deadline!
Why do I share all this? 1) because no dream or goal is TOO BIG! 2) I need you as my accountability! I have shared it out loud and now I need to make it happen! 3) I want to be 100% real with you and I have goals and dreams too! Let's achieve our WHYs together!
Let's work 2016 like we never have before! Who is going to join me in this year of awesome?
Have you SEEN the NEWEST, AMAZING, MOST BEAUTIFUL VDAY Limited Edition Items that are coming? Available Tuesday, January 5!
Want to make money and snag some orders from Pinterest? ME TOO!
For those of you totally new to Pinterest, here is what you need to do to guarantee that people will use your link to order and not someone else's if they find YOU on Pinterest!
1) Post pictures that you have saved in an Origami Owl board with YOUR website as the title! Once you add these pics, make sure and edit the post and include YOUR website as the place to find that pin! You want people to click on that picture and it hyperlinks to YOUR website to order.
2) Edit your board to include your website address and share your story with the followers.
3) Remind them to find your on Facebook and whatever other social media avenues you use.
4) Share photos straight from your website.
5) Post on a regular basis and keep the board fresh and pushing up in the feed of people following you.
6) And always add a description to each picture that is enticing and inviting!
I found some other helpful websites to read articles about maximizing your marketing on Pinterest! (And guess what? These can be read during your personal and professional development time for Vital Behaviors!)