Girls on the Run!
SOLE HOPE COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECT
- GOTR is collecting old denim for SOLE HOPE!
- We will be accepting donations of all types of gently used or outgrown denim: colors, patterns, pants, jackets!
- We will be collecting May 16-May 20.
- When you bring in denim, please place them into the box located up front.
- We are collecting denim to donate to SOLE HOPE, which helps create shoes for people in Uganda that are in need of proper footwear. The denim that we donate will be made into shoes so little bugs called jiggers can't burrow into unprotected feet.
In lesson 15 we identified qualities to look for in our friends. We also talked about tough situations we can find ourselves in with our friends. The girls learned that we must choose our friends carefully! We want the girls to be genuine and to attract and build authentic friendships because they are being real and not pretending to be someone that they really aren’t.
Connect with your girl: Ask what qualities she looks for when she chooses her friends. Share who your best friend is and why you chose them as your best friend.
Dates to Keep In Mind
*** 5k registration is OPEN! All girls and buddies must be registered!
5/14 Saturday - Practice 5k here at CBA 9:00 am--RAIN OR SHINE!! Please dress accordingly! We will provide a healthy snack at the end of the run. A guardian must attend, running buddies are suggested!
6/4 Saturday - GOTR 5k @ West Chester East HS