Fourth Grade News
Mrs. Spencer's Class - Week of 5/16
We had an excellent Camp In at the Science Museum. Our class was VERY well behaved & represented K-M extremely well! I'm proud to be the teacher of this awesome group. I'm looking forward to a terrific week of learning & new discoveries ahead. Students will be working on several projects and group/ partner activities. They'll also be testing band instruments with Mrs. Harwood throughout the week. In addition, we'll have a visit from Dodge County recycling to learn about the importance of recycling. Please see below for important announcements and reminders about our week. Take care!
Fun at the SMM Camp In!
Important Spring Dates:
4th Grade Track & Field: Thursday, May 26
***Friday, May 27 and Tuesday, May 31 are make up dates for T&F.
***Remember, children are allowed to leave for lunch with a parent or guardian on T&F day. Schedule will be sent soon.
Last Day of School: Tuesday, June 7
***Save the Date: Last Day of School Picnic -- Families Invited. Time: TBA - likely 11:00ish? I will notify you as location/time is finalized.
Mirror Image "Mime" Activity - Reflections in Math!
Updates & Announcements:
FINAL BOOK ORDER: The final Scholastic order of the year is due THIS Friday. Order online using code HYTRX or in class with cash or check made to Scholastic. This is a great opportunity to stock up for summer reading! Read on!! :)
Last Day of School Carnival Volunteers: I am seeking 1 additional volunteer for the last day of school carnival. You would be assisting and supervising students as they are on the inflatables in the gym. Fourth grade's time is from 8:30-9:30. Please let me know if you're able to help! Thanks so much.
Classroom Wish List: Pre-popped popcorn & candy (your choice) - thanks so much!
Tomorrow is National Walk/ Bike to School Day!
This Week's Objectives:
- We are continuing to read and respond to our final issue of Storyworks for the year.
- We are writing and performing plays based on a favorite story or novel.
- We are determining the theme of texts & plays we read.
- We are building reading stamina and practicing CAFE (Comprehension, Accuracy, Fluency, Expanding Vocabulary) strategies for reading.
- We are working on frieze designs with reflections, rotations, and/or translations.
- We are exploring line symmetry.
- We are identifying and drawing lines of symmetry.
- We are solving problems involving spatial visualization.
- We are describing and creating geometric patterns.
- We are building our speed and accuracy with basic multiplication and division facts.
Science & Social Studies:
- We are learning about inventors and inventions.
- Students are continuing to study economics & states/capitals.
More Camp In Fun!
Wishing you a wonderful week!
Please contact me with any questions or comments.