KP Monday Memo
January 18 - Week 23
- 19th - Department Supervisors - BLDG - 8:30 to 10am
- 20th - End of Quarter 2
- 20th - CSI - Building - RULER
- 20th - Select Ensemble Concert
- 21st - Group Picture Day
- 22nd - Grades due in PowerSchool - 8am
- 24th - Penguin Plunge - Sapphire Service Club
- 25th - Checksheets due - 8am
- 25th - Dinner and Math Night
- 26th - Report Cards Distributed
- 27th - UA Progress Reports Due
- 27th - Team Leaders - Full
- 27th - CSI - Collaborative Inquiry
- 28th - KP/Hall Strings Pyramid Concert - 7pm
- 29th - Algebra Midterms - 8 to 10am
END OF QUARTER - WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 20, 2016
GRADES MUST BE IN POWERSCHOOL - FRIDAY, JANUARY 22 BY 8:00 A.M.
CHECK SHEETS DUE BACK IN THE OFFICE - MONDAY, JANUARY 25 AT 8:00 A.M.
REPORT CARDS DISTRIBUTED - BY ADVISOR - TUESDAY, JANUARY 26, 2016
TECH Committee Updates
There is a desire for
additional Chromebook carts
adding LCD and speakers to the Commons
Library Lab replacement
High end web camera for streaming
the need to investigate Nearpod sub for more teachers
small chromebook stations in classrooms
In addition we know that there is a need for more training. We will dedicate the March Building CSI to technology (3/30). Topics so far include: (Nearpod, Voicethread, Go animate, EdPuzzle or Ted ED, Social Media Tools - Voxer/Twitter)
Dress Down Fridays Update
Passing of the Rocks
Pete Gustafson is passing the Staff Wellness rock on to Stacey Grindle for sharing her amazing artistic ability with KP family and friends at our upcoming Paint Night fundraiser. The image of the cairn captures many feelings and special memories in honor of Paul Duquette. We appreciate all the time, effort and emotion that you put into this and for planning a wonderful evening for our community. You rock!
Anne Higgins is passing the Student Success rock to Wendy Ennis. Wendy is an inspiration to us all every day, and she is a very skilled special educator. She searches for the key to help each student become an active learner. Her concern is from the heart and her commitment is strong. Wendy is the advocate, the champion, and the supportive voice so many students need.
Marianne Muraski is passing the Community Engagement Rock to Danelia "Dani" Brown. Dani can frequently be seen with her students in our hallways as she encourages them to interact with staff and faculty. The passion that she has as a paraprofessional is obvious to all who encounter her. At times Dani has seen me and other security officers dealing with students and because of the wonderful rapport she has with many students is able to assist us in diffusing a situation. Dani has a quick smile and anyone that wants to learn the latest dance, "Whip/Nae-Nae-Watch Me" can keep an eye on Dani as she occasionally shows us her great moves as a dancer! Thank you Dani for your dedication to the students and the amazing staff here at King Philip! You rock!!
Things noticed . . .
- The Diamond team working together to gather supplies for the Immaculate Conception Shelter and then serving together.
- Students fearlessly learning in World Language classrooms as they practiced for their oral assessments or communicated about the weather.
- Student demonstrating their mathematical concepts through collaboration during a Jeopardy review game
- Staff enjoying the opportunity to socialize with one another around good eats.
- Co teachers striving to strike the right balance of support and challenge
- Paraprofessionals and TAs demonstrating extraordinary patience,
understanding, and professionalism while working with students
- Special needs teachers helping students keep track of their own
behavior and growth
- Students taking ownership of their inappropriate behavior and taking
steps to make it right
- Resource teachers juggling all the subjects in efforts to support students
- KP assistant principals using multiple strategies to helpl students be successful
You're a GEM
- Laura Swenson from colleague Marc Kotler for assisting in class coverage
- Jessica Kerelejza and Bobbi Schilberg from colleague Joy for chaperoning students to the CT Student Leadership Conference.
- Joe Ganci, Gwen Cardona, Charlotte Whitman-Logan, Brian Jones, and Claire Babecki from KP Admin for your diligent work in preparing students to provide wonderful nights of music.