Career Transition / Outplacement
Chris has over 20 years of career management/outplacement experience in the Wichita area and can advise on such topics as the executive job market, changing business trends, new technology in the job search, emerging career fields, economic factors, marketing approaches, self-employment, and particularly, the local job market and network connections.
Today's business climate demands the very best in professionalism, experience, and sensitivity where outplacement and career management services are concerned.
Outplacement or career management is a consulting service designed to assist organizations through some difficult processes, ranging from termination of a senior executive to major downsizings based on the organization's long-term strategic needs or downturn in economic conditions.
At Wallace Associates, we understand that downsizing can be a major change for an organization and its employees. Some of the reasons that companies provide outplacement include:
• To ensure a smooth transition and minimize possible legal action
• To help the departing employee(s) look forward and not focusing on the past
• To ease downsizing employees' stress and start them on the road to re-employment
• To preserve the company's reputation as an employer of choice and good corporate citizen
• Out of a genuine desire to "do the right thing"
Complementing our strong ties to the local Wichita community, we possess a global reach through our affiliation with OI Global Partners, the world's largest career consulting partnership, with over 200 locally-owned outplacement firms. This association allows us to service national and international projects or individuals. A company only needs to make one phone call and we handle their outplacement needs virtually anywhere in the world. We are the only full service outplacement firm not aligned with a national corporate owned firm, so we can customize programs to meet your needs.
• One-on-one coaching / consulting
• Assessments to evaluate strengths, interests, values, and accomplishments
• Development of self-marketing tools, including resume, references, cover letters
• How to research the local market and understanding of the hidden job market
• Building a contact network
• Effectively using technology in the job search
• Interview techniques and practice interviewing
• Negotiating the offer
• Assimilation and on-boarding tips and techniques
Individual Outplacement Services - A comprehensive program designed for all levels of employees, from senior executives, managers, professionals to administrative support personnel. We provide one-on-one professional support and coaching during the outplacement process. Consultant meetings focus on helping the individual successfully redeploy expertise and skills to achieve career goals as quickly as possible through career assessment instruments, developing a marketing plan, resume development, enhancing interview skills, and negotiating job offers.
Group Outplacement Services - An intensive two-day group workshop that provides participants with the techniques and tools necessary to conduct an effective job search. Resume development, interviewing practice, and local market opportunities are covered.
Spouse/Partner Relocation - Two-career families are the norm today, and career help with the "trailing" spouse/partner is essential for relocating new or transferring employees. We offer job search assistance, including research prior to the move, coaching and networking support after.
On-Site Notification Support - On the day of the notification meeting, we are on-site to meet with manager(s) and Human Resources to provide coaching and review logistical issues. Immediately after being notified, we will meet with released employees to provide emotional support and explain outplacement assistance.