GenNET ITV EVENT: Meet the Experts
Experts talking to students about important matters!
3rd and 4th Grade Classrooms Met with Experts - May 2, 2016
On May 2, 2016 from 1:00-2:30, experts in many areas of interest were invited to talk to students about very important environmental and social topics. This was a great way for students to talk to epxerts from the community about the kinds of things they hear about in their communities, or view on the internet and on television, but may not understand the bigger picture.
To that end, Grand Blanc Myers Elementary School in collaboration with GenNET hosted a special opportunity to meet and hear from experts first-hand this spring.
Who were the experts and what did participating look like?
How will students participate?
- Students at Myers Elementary School as well as the guest experts will be located in their GenNET ITV classroom from 1:00-2:30 pm
- Each expert will speak to students and answer questions from students for a 15-minute period of time.
- Up to three (3) receiving sites are able to participate as well from their GenNET ITV Sites for the LIVE event with the experts!
Who are the experts?
- Expert from Human Resources Agency: "Gender equality in the workplace"
- Expert from Great Lakes Recycling: "Practical and best recycling practices"
- Expert from Special Needs Education Center: "Working with students with special needs"
- Expert from Energy Conservation Office: "Helping the environment and saving money by conserving electricity"
- Expert from The Salvation Army: "Helping people in need After disasters"
Participating Schools on May 2, 2016
- Sending Site: Grand Blanc Myers Elementary School
- Receiving Site #1: Goodrich Reid Elementary School
- Receiving Site #2: Goodrich Oaktree Elementary School
What were the benefits of participating in Meet the Experts?
- Learn and practice oral communication skills
- Take notes for future reference directly from a local community expert
- Interact with students and experts outside their school building without having to leave the building
- Formulate ideas into current reflective and content writing for short essays, research papers and project-based learning experiences.
Contact Information for more details
For additional details, contact Martin Jennings, Instructional Technolgist at the Genesee Intermdiate School District. Martin can be contacted at the Genesee ISD by email and/or telephone at:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 810-591-4962