Interfaces & Operating systems
By Kayo George
What is an operating system?
An operating system is a software that supports a computer's basic functions.
Examples of operating systems
- DOS- disk operating system: one of the first operating systems for the personal computer.
- Linux- mostly POSIX-compliant computer operating system
- WIMP- Windows Icons Menus Pointing device
What are the 3 types of interfaces?
The 3 types of interfaces are:
- Command-line- Allows the user to interact with the computer by typing in commands.
- Menu driven- Offers a simple menu from which to choose an option.
- Graphical user- Chooses an option usually by pointing a mouse at an icon representing that option.