Bellevue Public Schools, Bellevue, NE
BYOD Update - A Win for Students and Teachers
What can I do to make my Mac run better? By Judy Pickle
1. Restart (power off/power on) your computer and log back in.
2. When restarting, uncheck the tick box for “Reopen windows when logging back in.
3. Go to the Wi-Fi icon in the upper right corner of your display, click on “Open Network Preferences”, click on “Advanced”, Drag BPS and BP2 to top of the list, delete any guest networks. Click OK, Apply and close.
4. Close “extras” that are running, Press the command + W keys to close the current file until all files are closed. Press the command + Q keys to close the program.
5. Go to Self Service, find and run “First Aid”. Run a permission repair and hard drive repair. Click on Run, go to Finder, Applications, Utilities, Disk Utilities, click on. “Macintosh HD, Repair Disk Permissions. Let it run. If you click on 1 TB APPLE HDD instead of Macintosh HD you can run Repair Disk.)
6. Go to System Preferences, Security & Privacy, make sure that “Allow apps downloaded from: “Anywhere” is checked. If “Anywhere” is not checked, please unlock to make changes and
7. Go to system preferences, energy savings, Uncheck “Put hard drive to sleep when
8. Check for updates: Go to Apple icon in upper left corner, App Store, update (some updates are available in Self Service). WARNING! Please keep MacBook plugged in while updating.
9. Reduce number of open tabs on your browser. (Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
10. Update your browser to the latest version:
a. Chrome: Choose Chrome, About Google Chrome
b. Firefox: Choose Firefox, About Firefox
11. Go to Finder, Applications, AdwareMedic, check you have already donated, Scan for
Reminder, to connect to BPS you use your computer login : firstname.lastname and password (the one you use to log into your computer). The easiest way to test your username and password is to log off your computer and then log back in. Never change passwords on your computer outside of the district. Changing your password outside of the district may cause a keychain error.
Computer Science in the Classroom
Help Desk Reminder
Appy Time / Websites
Want take a break and need something fun to do with family, friends, colleagues, or students? Create a Dubsmash! Dubsmash allows you to create fun little videos of you lip syncing to a song or a famous saying. Check out Selena Gomez and Jimmy Fallon on the tonight show dub smashing it up. Our very own building tech coordinators created one too.
Techie Tuesday Opportunity
Tweet Time--Tweets From Those You Know
EdCamp Kansas City on Saturday, November 7, 2015 at Truman High School. Register HERE. Not able to atttend? Follow along via Twitter at #edcampKC.
EdCamp Kearney will be Saturday, November 14, 2015 from 8:00-2:30 PM at Kearny High School. Register online at: www.goo.gl/Zaq3dF . Twitter @edcampKearney