We have several family oriented-activities coming up in April. The weekend of April 16th through the 18th, Maple will host a Virtual Family Reading Night. Information on the event can be found by clicking here.
Maple will also be hosting a Grandparents Day Parade on April 28th from 10:00-10:30. More information on the event can be found by clicking here. A virtual concert will also be released that day for families to enjoy together.
As a reminder, Hoopeston Area Schools will be observing Spring Break from March 26th through April 4th. Students will return to school on April 5th. I hope you all enjoy a wonder spring break!
Students Need to Be In School On Time Everyday!
Having your child to school on time each day is one of the most important things you can do to ensure their academic success. In fact, research has shown that your child's attendance record may be the biggest factor influencing their success!
When students aren't here in the mornings on time, they miss out on:
- Sharing experiences and conversations with their friends and teacher
- The opportunities to be class helpers
- The opportunity to get properly settled in and ready for the day
- The opportunity to participate in special announcements and fun activities
What can you do to help your child be punctual every day?
- Establish a regular bedtime to ensure your child gets enough sleep
- Help them be organized by laying out clothes, backpacks, shoes, etc., the night before
- Lead by example!
Happy, organized parents=happy, organized children-=happy Maple staff!
Maple School Drop Off
- Please make sure your child has their backpack, etc., with them and they exit on the passenger side of the vehicle.
- If you would like to get out with your child, please park away from the building and walk them up to their door.
- If you have multiple students that attend Maple, and you have a kindergartner, you MAY drop them all at the kindergarten door. This will ease up the traffic on 4th Street.
- Please be mindful of traffic signs, crosswalks, etc. We must keep our students safe. Please drive carefully around the building.
Thank you for helping us keep our little ones safe.
St. Patrick's Day Hats
Maple's PreK students made green hats to celebrate March 17th!
Even more hats!
Dr. Seuss Builds
PreK celebrated Dr. Seuss week with numerous activities!
Kindergarten celebrated Dr. Seuss!
Maple kindergarten had fun being "wacky" on Wacky Wednesday!
More and more kindergartners are becoming more independent when reading! We are so proud of their progress!
Maple kindergarten students are building their stamina at Read to Self time!
First Grade Fun
Dr. Seuss Week-The messier, the more FUN!
Some students celebrated by making Oobleck!
More Dr. Seuss Fun!
One of our first graders came with Green Eggs and Ham hair! How creative!
Learning to Record
Some of our first graders are learning to record the stories they wrote on their DoJo portfolio for their families!
Second Grade Shenanigans
Our remote learners also celebrated good behavior. They were treated to a snowball catapult science project to work on at home!
Luck O' The Irish
Second grade created an art project to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.
March has been full of assessments for report cards. We are so proud of all the students' hard work!