The Mighty Knight Connection - January - Issue 2
Information & Coming Events
- Jan. 21 - NO SCHOOL - MLK, Jr. Day
- Jan 22 - CB School Board Meeting - 16 Welden - 7:30PM
- Jan. 23 - Market Day Pick-Up
- Jan. 24 - PTO General Meeting - 9:30AM
- Jan. 31 - CALENDAR UPDATE: Full Day for Students
- Feb. 1 - CALENDAR UPDATE: End of MP2, Half-Day for Students (No PM KDG)
- Feb. 1 - Boomerang Breakfast - 8:30AM
- Feb. 8 - Family Fun & Fitness Night - 6:30PM-8:00PM
- Feb. 11-15 - Jump Rope for Heart - Gym Classes
- Feb. 11 - CALENDAR UPDATE: Report Cards Distributed
- Feb. 14 - Valentine's Day
- Feb. 15 - Spirit Assembly, Fitness is Fun
- Feb. 18 - NO SCHOOL - President's Day
- Feb. 18 - Buckingham PTO Day at Chuck-E-Cheese, Warrington
- Feb. 20 - Market Day Pick-Up Cafeteria Hallway
- Feb. 25 - 6th Grade Assessment Begins - Vollman
Attention Kindergarten: District Calendar Updates!
Due to Hurricane Sandy, the district has made revisions to the calendar that will affect Kindergarten Conferences and the regular school-day calendar.
- April 1 - Regular school day for all students (except KDG).
- Kindergarten Portfolio Conferences - Mar. 28, Apr. 1, Apr. 2 (This moves one conference day from April 3rd to April 1st).
- April 3 - School will resume for AM/PM Kindergarten.
From The Health Office
With the seasonal health concerns that arise during these winter months, please note that when emailing your child's teacher or the main office with any student medical concerns or updates (concussion, fractuires, sprains, illness, etc.) please Copy our certified school nurse, as well, so the Health Office is aware and updated with the latest student information. Our Certified Staff Nurse can be emailed at:
Or you may call the Nurse's Office with pertinent student information at - 267-893-4215
Buckingham Students Support the Bucks County SPCA's: Joy Foundation!
Fifth-Grade Buckingham Students (Amanda Quinn, Cate DeHough, Angie Bongiorno and Jessie Ianiro) planned, organized, and performed a Holiday Show for friends and relatives on December 27th to support the Joy Foundation of the Bucks SPCA. The foursome rehearsed every Monday for two-months, choreographing and preparing for the big performance! The girls practiced hard at every rehearsal and were focused on achieving their goal in helping out the homeless animals at the SPCA. The girls had a goal to raise $150, but exceeded the amount by raising $230! Congratulations!
The Bungee Jumpers Visit Buckingham during January's Spirit Assembly
PTO Family Fun Night - Virtual Field Trip to the Great Barrier Reef, Australia
5th Grade - MLK, Jr. Day - Acts of Service
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. once said, “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is: ‘What are you doing for others?’” Each year, Americans across the country answer that question by coming together on the MLK, Jr. Holiday to serve their neighbors and communities. This year, the Buckingham Fifth Grade planned to be part of a special service-learning project to honor the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr.
Over a two-week period, the 5th grade collected personal care items to create care packages for residents at the Depaul House in Philadelphia. The Depaul House provides housing for 27 residents who receive basic shelter services and support aimed at increasing functionality, improving financial stability and strengthening their ability to move into appropriate housing of their own. The ultimate goal of the Depaul House is to help educate and motivate individuals in order to prevent on-going homelessness.
On January 21st, students, teachers and parents assembled the care packages and delivered them to the residents. Great job 5th Grade!
CB Cares Boomerang Nominations
January: #9 Service to Others:
Young person values service to others, in their family, school, or community. He/she commits to meaningful and caring actions.
Buckingham Elementary School
Box 158, 2414 Durham Road
Buckingham, PA 18912-0158
Principal, Karl T. Funseth