Oak Ridge Connection
Oak Ridge Elementary School
January 27, 2023
-Oak Ridge Elementary
Message from the Principal
We had a short but successful week highlighted by our Student Senate Inauguration. Thank you to Mrs. Fitzpatrick for joining us and swearing in our new Senators. We are looking forward to the events and leadership they are going to bring us throughout the year. We have reached the halfway point of the year. I am happy with our growth and accomplishments but look forward to the things we are yet to accomplish. Have a great weekend!
Dr. Jason Parrott
Kindergarten Welcome Night Rescheduled
NEW DATE!!!!!! Kindergarten Information Night
If you have an incoming Kindergarten student or know of any families that do, our Kindergarten Information Night is on Monday, January 30, from 6:30-7:30 p.m.This meeting will be held at Oak Ridge Elementary in our Great Room (Cafeteria). Our staff will be providing important information to help families prepare for starting school and share the Kindergarten curriculum.
Royal Oak Schools is pleased to welcome children and their families to kindergarten. Kindergarten enrollment for the 2023-2024 school year begins on Thursday, January 26, 2023. District-wide enrollment for all kindergarten programs, including Developmental Kindergarten, is processed through our Central Enrollment Office. Elementary transfer requests will be between January 26 - February 28, 2023. And please make sure to mark your calendar for Kindergarten Information Night on January 25, 2023, which will be in person at each building.
Things to know:
- Royal Oak Schools processes new student enrollments online at www.royaloakschools.org.
- Michigan State Law stipulates that a child be five (5) years of age on or before September 1 in order to enroll in Kindergarten and Developmental Kindergarten for the 2023-2024 school year. If a child is not five (5) years of age by the September 1 enrollment eligibility date, but will be five (5) years of age no later than December 1, an option for parents or guardians to enroll the child in kindergarten for the 2023-2024 school year is available.
- An Age Waiver form is available on our district website.
- Please feel free to call the Enrollment Office for further information.
Kids Heart Challenge is HERE!
Oak Ridge Families, Kids Heart Challenge is kicking off this week during PE!
It’s as easy as 1,2,3…
- Start by downloading the Kids Heart Challenge app or visiting our schools link below
- Help your child to select a personal challenge: Be Kind or Move More.
- Become a Heart Hero by sending emails/e-cards on the website or texts via the app to invite friends and family to support.
Why not have some extra fun with the family and have your own kickoff party at home?! Watch the official Kick Off Video AND our Online Envelope will show you all the thank you gifts your kiddos can earn.
Together, as a school community, we are helping kids like Finn. Watch Finn’s story here.
or download the Kids Heart Challenge App!
A few reminders from your Oak Ridge Green Team!
- Purchasing paper products for your child's classroom? Please consider buying items that are made from 100% recycled materials!
- Did you know that Oak Ridge students are now COMPOSTING at lunch? This year, we have started a new initiative to help better our planet Earth and reduce the amount of food waste at school! Take a look at the following presentation that was shared with all students, and ask your child if they have composted something that they didn't fully finish at lunch time!
- Interested in composting at home? Midtown Composting & Recycling is an awesome LOCAL business that will pick up compost from your home for a reasonable fee! Check out the link above for more information!
PROFESSIONAL LEARNING MORNING
Our professional learning morning for staff will take place again this Wednesday. This means that it is a late start for students. The first bell will ring at 9:20 a.m. with classes starting at 9:25 a.m.
End of 2nd Marking Period
Our 2nd Marking Period is ended on Thursday, January 26. Report Cards will be available to view online starting Saturday, February 4.
Peanut Restricted School
MLK March On Oak Ridge Pictures
District Technology Web Page
Family Circles is Back
Please see the pictures below from last week's family circle meetings:
Math and Science Week
Royal Oak Schools Performing Arts Newsletter
Please click here for Royal Oak Schools Performing Arts newsletter.
Please remember to join the PTA - we are working hard to keep our community strong! The PTA welcomes every student & their family from Oak Ridge. We want to make sure we are inclusive of all families and everyone has the opportunity to be a member. If there are financial limitations preventing you from joining the PTA please contact us so we can remove that barrier. It takes all of us working together to make our children reach their true potential.
Join online at: https://oakridge.memberhub.store/
Individual memberships are $7/year.
Free and Reduced Price Meal Applications:
It is possible to apply for participation in the Free and Reduced Price Meals program at any time during the school year. Often, family situations change during the course of a school year, and new needs develop. As circumstances change (number of family members, change in income, etc.) families are able to re-apply or apply for the first time at any time during a school year. For information about the criteria to qualify for free or reduced price meals as well as how to apply, visit the Food Services Department webpage. You can access the page from our district homepage, www.royaloakschools.org, Personnel in the Food Service Department or your child’s school can assist you with the application process as needed.
Young Oaks Info
If you have students currently enrolled in the program you will be contacted directly by the Young Oaks Coordinator.
Any families interested in the program can use the link below for information about the program.
Oak Ridge LIve Is Back!
Special Education News
Please click the link below for special education news and information. Check it often as it is being updated regularly.
Special Education Program Updates
January Lunch Menu
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
For updates on events or a better insight on you child's school day. Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter: Facebook @ParrottJason
SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
At Oak Ridge we take pride in making sure we have a kind, caring, environment. Our parents play a large role in helping us to achieve this goal. Before posting to social media or any other venue, please consider the feelings of all our community members . Before you post, remember to T.H.I.N.K...