Newsletter Week 3 Term 3
Huirangi Primary School, Monday 9th August 2021
Kia Ora Koutou, Hello Everyone!
What a busy place! School is humming with loads of learning! It has been heartwarming to hear the discussions and excitement the children have experienced through watching the Olympic Games. What awesome role models we have across Aotearoa for our kids!
This week all of our classes attend the Reef Alive exhibition at Puke Ariki. This will provide our tamariki with new knowledge about the animals that live in, on and pass by our offshore reef. Every class will have the opportunity to conduct experiments and also discuss global environmental issues that affect our oceans, exploring ways we can protect them.
Production rehearsals and cross country practices are all happening. There will be more information in the next newsletter about our school and cluster cross country events. Please read the information carefully and mark these dates on your calendars.
This term each class will be talking about the Family/Whānau Value. This is the F in our school's R.A.F.T Values. It encompasses the ways in which we communicate and collaborate to build positive relationships with others. Classes will be exploring this in detail and it will be celebrated at the end of term assembly.
Kia pai tō wiki (have a great week).
Ngā mihi nui,
Person of Character
Term 3 Policy Review
Term 3 Policies that are up for review are: Behaviour Management and Concerns and Complaints. If you wish to review these and provide any feedback, please follow the following steps.
- Visit the website https://huirangi.schooldocs.co.nz/1893.htm
- Enter the username (huirangi) and password (raft).
- Follow the link to the relevant policy as listed.
- Read the policy.
- Click the Policy Review button at the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Select the reviewer type "Parent".
- Enter your name (optional).
- Submit your ratings and comments.
- If you don't have internet access, school office staff can provide you with printed copies of the policy and a review form.
Out of Zone Enrolments for 2022
Even if you already have children attending this school, and you live out of zone, and you have a child who will be due to start in 2022 - you MUST complete the application [enrolment form] to go into the ballot. If you have any queries at all about this process, please don't hesitate to contact the office to have a chat.
CHICKENS FOR PETS DAY !
Sorry, no late orders will be accepted.
Huirangi Home & School Fun Run Crazy Colour Day!
We are very excited to incorporate cross country with a fundraiser supported by School Fun Run's Crazy Colour Day. This will be held on the afternoon of Tuesday 31st August.
Once you have the information form, you can sign up at schoolfunrun.co.nz
Here, you will be able to access online fundraising.
We are looking for all our students to participate and we are organising a great day for the kids!
Huirangi School & Community 150th Jubilee - Taranaki Anniversary weekend March 12th & 13th 2022.
Registration: forms will be available in August however should you need any information about registration, please either phone Huirangi School, or make contact via the jubilee email address email@example.com
Please pass on this jubilee information to anyone you know who has had children at the school, attended the school themselves or lived in the district.... we'd love everyone to be able to attend the celebrations.
Wacky Hair Day-Friday 20th August
To support the trust, our House Captains have organized to hold a Wacky Hair Day on Friday 20th August. We encourage all tamariki to come to school with a wacky hair do and a gold coin as a way to show our appreciation and support to the trust. This money will be presented to Terry and Tanya Long (Mellowpuff Trustees), at the New Plymouth Principal's Association Conference on September 9th.
Spring Time Family Portraits
The photos will be taken at the Waitara Beach on Saturday 18th September [weather postponement date Saturday 25th]
The cost: $10 sitting fee [payable on booking] for a printed family portrait [8x10] You can also purchase your individual family package [at least 5 high resolution fully edited photos] for $100.
These photos are very kindly being taken by Rachel Anna Portraiture with all the profits going to Huirangi Home & School.
Appointment times will be every 30 minutes from 9am through to 5pm. Please arrive 10mins before your allotted time.
Please contact the school office to make your appointment and then pay the sitting fee to the Huirangi Home & school account:-
15-3945-0291373-00 with your name and 'portraits' as the reference.
This is our very last chance to have this wonderful offer from Rachel, so please give it your support. These portraits make beautiful memories and great gifts!
He Puāwai tamariki helping spread bark and top up sand in their outdoor play space.
A huge thank you to Greymouth Petroleum for sponsoring the replenishment of our playground bark, and a thank you to our caretaker, Mr Shaw for arranging the woodchip to be spread. The playground looks AMAZING!
- Thursday 12th August - Huirangi Domain Board [Hall Committee] AGM, 7pm at the Hall
- Thursday 12th August - BOT meeting at 6pm
- Friday 20th August-Wacky Hair Day-Gold coin donation please.
- Friday 20th August-Tui House Reward Hour. Bring your scooter, skates, skateboard or bike if you are in Tui House!
- Tuesday 31 August-Huirangi School Fun Run Crazy Colour Day
- Thursday 2nd September - Cluster Cross Country [Fri 3rd PP day]
- Friday 10th September - Teacher Only day - school closed
- Tuesday 14th September - Cluster Speeches at Urenui
- Thursday 16th September - BOT meeting at 6pm
- Saturday 18th September - Spring Time Family Portraits [following Saturday postponement date]
- Wednesday 29th September - Production 'Lion King' matinee at Knox Waitara
- Thursday 30th September - Production ' Lion King' evening performance at Knox
- Friday 1st October - Last day of Term 3
- Friday 1st October - H&S Bought Lunch
- Monday 18th October - Start of Term 4
- Monday 25th October - Labour Day - school closed
- Saturday 30th October - Pets Day
11am -11.20am Morning tea interval
1.00pm - 1.40pm Lunch break
3.00pm End of Day