I am writing today to provide you with information regarding the items listed below. Although all of the information in this email may not pertain to everyone, I am sending it all at once to limit the number of emails that come your way. With that being stated, it is expected that you read the information associated with the first TWO bullets. If ever you need to access previous important information emails, please click here. This link will take you to a Google Doc that contains previous information.
FYI- STAFF UPDATE
MAP TESTING FEEDBACK
I am writing to request your feedback about this week's MAP testing experience. Click here to be taken to a Schoology discussion that allow you to leave feedback. We will use this information to plan upcoming testing experiences. If you have any insights on how students felt about this change in format, please leave that as well.
LICENSED STAFF MEETING
Specifics of our October Licensed staff meeting are below:
- Purpose: To ensure employees can identify and respond to the influence of race and culture on learning.
- The meeting will begin promptly at 2:50 in room 183 and concluded at 3:50.
- Please bring a fully charged devise to access the online materials.
- There is no need to register in KeepCertified. This will be done for you.
Outlined below is important information regarding our upcoming conferences.
- Conferences will be held on the 15th and the 24th from 3 to 7:00.
- They will be held in classrooms.
- If you want information on how to make conference as effective as possible click here.
- Conferences attendance will be incentivized. Parents who attend will be able to enter their students into a drawing for school store prizes.
- A pizza dinner will be served to staff attending conferences on the 25th.
- Interpreters will be available and can be accessed in the main entrance.
FAQ: Can we wear sweats on Wednesday, the 16th and Friday the 25th? Yes!
Informal Walk Throughs
Informal walk-throughs continued last week. The informal walk-throughs were conducted by NVMS administrators and ILT members. The goal for this trimester is to ensure fidelity of our grade level engagement plan. This week we were looking for the items below:
- Visual entrance directions;
- A warm-up activity;
- Review of the posted agenda;
- Tardy Procedure
The chart below reflects the percentage of fidelity in each grade level and content area classroom. For example, one hundred percent of the sixth grade classrooms we visited followed the tardy procedure.
I will occasionally be providing you with information about our response to student behavior. Reviewing accurate up to date data is essential to determine patterns and trends, which then, provides building teams with a clear direction for intervention planning purposes. Included in the photo below is information that compares information from this year, and the previous two years.
Do you use Classroom Realy? (the tool that will help with monitoring student progress on the Chromebook) Or would you like to use this tool? Or have used Relay and are experiencing frustrations. Having had a few weeks to troubleshoot and learn how the tool is functioning we have learned a few tips and tricks.
- Every teacher who wants to use Relay must first configure their classroom. If you have not done this yet; prior blocks may be holding from other classes.
- Decide how you want to monitor student use. -- No rules, No browsing or a custom setting.
- If you are a teacher that has day 1 and day 2 schedules; It will help to rename your sections so that you know which class period / day you are selecting. (If you start the wrong day it will hold until you clear it… even if you close the tab and start the correct day)
- If students are still getting a blocked message after you have cleared the block in your class, make sure students closes the browser and re- launches it.
If you want support in any of this, please reach out to Marie Lundt. She would be happy to assist.
Technology Support Survey: The purpose of this voluntary survey is to determine technology support needs of staff at North View Middle School. If you have not taken it yet; please click here for access.
TIER THREE (RED ZONE) REFERRALS:
If you are reporting an incident that involves a threat to staff or student safety, please be sure to connect with Kim Sturdy personally. Because administrators are not always at our desks during the school day, emailing or leaving a message for us might not get a timely response. You can do this by calling her or stopping down to the administration office. If you are unsure about what a tier three incident is, please click here for that information.
The link found here will take you to a form to report any non-emergency conditions that could contribute to an unsafe school environment and/or to make suggestions that will improve school safety. When completing this form, it is not necessary to identify yourself*, but please be as specific as possible so we can respond effectively. All submissions will be reviewed daily and discussed at our weekly administrative meetings. This form should not be used in lieu of discipline referrals or to report emergency situations. If you have any questions about this form, please let me know and I will assist.
Stretch Break with Mr. Hauge
You can manually add both these links to your desktop. If you do not how to do manually add these links to your desktop, please watch the video found here.
Peer Observation Submission Link
The purpose of this form is to record licensed staff peer observation dates. All peer observations must be done by the mark reporting date of each trimester.
Reppin’ Knight Pride Certificates:
The form found here has been created to provide you with an opportunity to positively acknowledge our students who are showing Knight Pride. Students who are acknowledged by staff will be given a certificate, Knight Pride tickets as well as a positive phone call home to share this acknowledgement with their family members. Please consider nominating a student next week.
Chromebook Ticket Link:
This link that follows will take you to a form to report any iPad violations that occur in your area of supervision. Click here to access the iPad ticket icon.
Education Minnesota Representative
We, the staff at North View Middle School, commit to…
- Providing challenging academic opportunities that are relevant, engaging, culturally responsive, and rigorous.
- Providing a meaningful, encouraging and safe environment that fosters the whole child, and focuses on student strengths.
- Including data driven best practices and instruction that meets the academic and individual needs of our students, improves student achievement, and promotes growth.
- Engaging in continued professional development to ensure that we are aware of our students’ racial perspectives, challenge our biases, and include practices that serve our diverse student population.
- Providing effective collaborative partnerships with the entire school community by ensuring that we encourage multiple opportunities for involvement, communication, and access.
- Modeling and implementing daily engaging multi-level reading and writing strategies within our classrooms.
- Accepting responsibility for each student’s success and celebrate that success with our school community.