March Bulldog News
Dr. Antonio Banuelos Elementary
Assistant Principal- Anissa Cantin
Student Support Administrator- Braun Piña
Counselor- Mitzy Oliver
Student Success Specialist- Maria DeLeon
March 1: Picture Day
March 2: Book Fair, Literacy Night, CATCH Night 5:30-6:30pm
March 8: Career on Wheels (parent lunches closed)
March 10: Early Release Day 12:30pm
March 13-17: Spring Break
March 21: Math Benchmark- Campus closed to visitors
March 23: Science Benchmark- Campus closed to visitors
March 30: 5th grade music program
It is our goal for all of our students to be successful. Attendance and punctuality are extremely important for your child’s academic success. It is important to be present and on time to help us accomplish our goal.
Any student coming into the building at 8:30 or after, must be accompanied by an adult.
Student early release can only be done by a parent or verified contact on student's file. A current identification must be provided.
Absences and Early Dismissals
- All excuses must be in writing or emailed to the attendance clerk, firstname.lastname@example.org (verbal notification is NOT accepted)
- Illness and principal approved extenuating circumstances are the only excusable absences
- You have 3 days from the date of the absence to turn in a parent written excuse stating the reason for absence. Please turn in doctors note as soon as possible.
- Even if the school nurse sends your child home, you must send either a parent written note or a doctor’s note
- You may receive a court warning for excessive unexcused absences
Schools implementing CATCH benefit from the following:
- A coordinated framework to help organize the wellness team’s efforts
- A common language for talking about & reinforcing healthy behaviors and mindsets
- Ready-made resources for implementing regular & coordinated campus-wide health promotion
- Embedded campus-wide anchor activities for Social & Emotional Learning (SEL)
Teacher Conferences: Please make sure you contact the teacher to set up an appointment.
Kindergarten: 9:15 - 10:00 am
First Grade: 10:55 - 11:40 am
Second Grade: 10:05 - 10:50 am
Third Grade: 1:55 - 2:40 pm
Fourth Grade: 1:05 - 1:50 pm
Fifth Grade: 2:45 - 3:30 pm
PE/Art/Music: 8:30 - 9:15 am
My School Bucks
If you have any questions or concerns on a bus route after school hours you may call dispatch at 281 420-4665.
Click below for bus routes
Parent Teacher Organization
PTO BOARD MEMBERS
President: Lauren Rodriguez
Vice President: Taylor Herbert
Secretary: Kristi Roberts
Treasurer: Jessica Freeman
Teacher: Mrs. Byford
Contact us: email@example.com
At Banuelos Elementary, we use Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports, or PBIS, to support the behavioral, academic, social, emotional, and mental health of our students. PBIS has been shown to improve the social emotional skills, academic success, and school climate for students.
Part of PBIS is rewarding positive behaviors. Students can earn “bones” at school by demonstrating excellent behavior. Students will then exchange these bones for prizes.