Lake Denoon Family Newsletter
September 27, 2019
IMPORTANT DATES, ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS
September 29, 2019 - Deadline for all Spirit Wear orders
September 30, 2019 - No School - Teacher Professional Development Day
October 9, 2019 - Fall Choir Concert, 7:00 p.m. @ MHS
October 9, 2019 - Fundraiser Order Deadline
October 11, 2019 - 8th Grade Band Collaboration, 5:20 p.m.
October 16, 2019 - Picture Re-Take Day
October 16 & 17, 2019 - 3:45 - 7:30 p.m. - Fall Parent Teacher Conferences
October 18, 2019 - No School - Teacher Professional Development Day
October 22, 2019 - PTO Meeting @ 4:30 p.m. in LDMS Library
October 28, 2019 - 6th Grade Field Trip to Schlitz Audubon Nature Center
October 28, 2019 - District Annual Meeting
STUDENT SPIRIT WEEK FUN
Our LDMS students were all about showing their spirit this week! Speaking of "Spirit", LDMS Spirit wear is available for purchase here now through September 29, 2019! Don't forget to get your orders in!
2019 ALL SCHOOL FUNDRAISER
LDMS officially kicked off its only school-wide fundraiser for this year on September 25th! We've found a great way to raise money and, moreover, it’s fast and easy for you to help support our cause! Simply visit Support My School to buy a variety of merchandise items as well as renew your magazine subscriptions at up to 85% off the newsstand prices. It’s fast and your child will receive full credit for your selections. 40% from every sale goes to our school! Final order turn-in is Wednesday, October 9, 2019. Product pick-up will be on November 7, from 3:15 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. in the LDMS commons.
PARENT/GUARDIAN-STUDENT-TEACHER CONFERENCE DAYS
Parent-Student-Teacher conference days are scheduled for October 16 and 17. Conference hours are from 3:45 to 7:30 p.m. All students are strongly encouraged to attend with their parents/guardians.
- Fifth and sixth grade: Homeroom teachers will contact parents to schedule conferences with the students and their parents/guardians.
- Seventh and eighth grade core teachers: Teachers will have five to a maximum of ten minute walk-in conferences. Seventh grade will be held in their own classrooms and eighth grade will be held in the library during scheduled conference hours. If additional time is needed, a future appointment can be made.
- Project i – Project i will send out a signupgenius e-mail where parents can select their day/time. If a parent/guardian did not receive this e-mail, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Encore: (health, phy. ed., computers, Spanish, French, band, chorus, art, FACS, and tech. ed.): These teachers will be available in their own classrooms during all conference hours. The teachers’ names and classroom numbers will be posted throughout the school.
SKI & RIDE CLUB NEWS
"THE AWESOME 80'S" FALL CHOIR CONCERT
Attention 6th, 7th, and 8th grade choir families. The fall choir concert is Wednesday, October 9, 7:00 p.m. at the Muskego High School PAC.
As in previous years, there is required attire for the three choral concerts this year. Students whose outfit is not aligned with the dress code outlined in the school handbook and choir syllabus will be required to change into something appropriate.
Attire for boys: Black dress pants, black dress shoes/socks, black long-sleeved dress shirt.
Attire for girls: Black long-sleeved or ¾ length dress shirt (school appropriate), black dress pants, black flat dress shoes.
NO SKIRTS, SHORTS, OR DRESSES OF ANY KIND
Only black pants please.
Students must be dropped off at the Muskego High School PAC no later than 6:30 p.m.
PICTURE RE-TAKE DAY OCTOBER 16, 2019
If you are having your child’s picture retaken due to photographer error, please return the original package of pictures that your child has received. The photographer will be at Lake Denoon Middle School on Wednesday, October 16, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. to retake students’ pictures.
Why: The AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) class would like to explore multiple careers and the paths taken to those careers.
Who: Working adults to share their job experiences with a small group of 8th grade students.
When: Between 2:15-3:00 p.m., anytime this school year
Please contact Michelle Johnson email@example.com to volunteer!
THE PARENT CORNER
Important free education resources for parents/guardians of pre-teen and teenage children
- Vaping information and parent teaching resources
- The Parents Place - Free parenting, co-parenting and personal development workshops
- Parents United - Offers multiple free workshops for students with disabilities. You can register here now.
- Healing Hearts - Multiple free resources for children struggling with death, divorce, opioid addiction, separation, abandonment, incarceration, deportation, etc.
- Parenting the Love & Logic Way Please join us for our Parenting the Love and Logic way six-session class! Parents who want to raise self-confident, motivated children who are ready for the real world are encouraged to sign up. There is no age limit for who can benefit as these techniques can be for students K-12th grade. Classes will be held at the Education Services Center every Tuesday, not including Thanksgiving, for six weeks starting on October 22nd. Lite dinner will be served every night and the cost is $25/person. If you are interested, please sign up HERE or email Deanna Welsh(firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions. Scholarships are available upon request. Please see our informational flier.
Topics that will be discussed include:
Putting an End to Arguing, Back Talk, and Begging
Teaching Responsibility Without Losing Their Love
Setting Limits Without Waging War
Avoiding Power Struggles
Guiding Kids to Own and Solve Their problems
Teaching Kids to Complete Chores… Without Reminders and Without Pay
ORDER YOUR YEARBOOK NOW!
Students may join Yearbook Club at any time - we are always welcoming new members!