Success Tips for WAY
A successful researcher...
Makes and follows a plan!
- Choose at least 2 classes to work on each week.
- Pick at least 1 project per class.
- Complete and submit at least 1 module per day so you can meet the program minimum of 2 projects per week.
- Successful researchers push themselves to complete 2 bigger projects, or 3-4 smaller projects each week.
Asks for help and uses all resources!
- Chat an Expert in the subject area of the project you are working on for help. OR
- Email an Expert. (Look up the Online Expert Schedule in the Projects area.)
- Open and use all links, videos, graphics, or documents provided to you.
- Don't be afraid to chat and work with other researchers!
Stays active and engaged!
- Join a few interest groups or start one of your own!
- Make friends and chat with other researchers.
- Attend online events! (Look for details on the Announcements board on the HERO home page or watch for emails in your Message Center.)
- Get creative and make your own projects! Chat or email an expert in the subject area you want to earn credit in to get you started.