Moving to Level 3
20th September 2021
Dear Parents & Caregivers
As you will have heard from the Prime Minister, we are moving to Level 3 at midnight on Tuesday night.
This means that, as of Wednesday, the school will be open for the supervision of Year 9 and 10 students whose parents need to go to work and cannot arrange suitable supervision.
We will not be teaching students. Staff will be supervising students to continue with their on-line learning.
If you require the school to supervise your child, it is critical that you tell us in advance.
Please read the information below and if you think you will be sending your child to school to be supervised click on this link to register them.
- The only students who will be attending are Year 9 and 10 students whose parents/caregivers cannot arrange suitable supervision at home.
- Parents/caregivers will need to inform the school in advance if their child is coming to school, so that the school can plan adequately, have robust contact registers and notify parents of non-attendance.
- Parents/caregivers are asked to keep any sick students at home. If a sick student comes to school, they will be sent home.
- Online learning will continue for all students.
- Students who are at school for supervision will continue with their online learning. There will be no teaching happening at school, only supervision.
- The school canteen will not be open. Students will not be able to buy anything at school. They must bring their own lunch, water bottle and any snacks they need.
- Students will be kept in small ‘bubbles’ to minimise contact.
- Students will stay in this small group all day in the classroom and during any breaks. There will be no contact across groups. Students will stay in the same classroom the whole time.
- The number of students at the school will dictate how many ‘bubbles’ will be required.
- During breaks students must stay 2m from other students and cannot leave their allocated area. No ball games or any activities that could allow for transfer of the virus.
- There will be a team of staff allocated to each group. Only these teachers will be involved in supervising the students in that group/bubble.
- Social distancing will be maintained – inside 1m distance, outside 2m.
- Face masks are highly recommended and we would like all students to be wearing face masks while we are at Level 3 as an added precaution.
- The school day will be from 8.45 - 3.00 pm.
He waka eke noa.