How does body dysmorphia affect people?
Are there any celebrities who had or have this disorder?
Yes, there are celebrities with it, and there are also celebrities who died with it. You all know about Micheal Jackson, but you don't know about Andy Warhol. Andy lived from 1928 to 1987. He was a pop artist. He was the one who put Campbell soup can paintings and he put colored pictures of Marilyn Monroe in museums, but what people really don't know about Andy Warhol is that he had body dysmorpic disorder.
What are the 5 symptoms I will notice?
The physical 2 physical symptoms include the following bullets:
The need to grow a beard or wear excessive makeup or clothing to camouflage perceived flaws
- Excessive grooming, such as hair plucking or skin picking, or excessive exercise in an unsuccessful effort to improve the flaw
- Reluctant to be in pictures
- You believe that others take special notice of your appearance in a negative way
- Comparison of your appearance with that of others
Yes, in fact there are 3 others you should definitely look for:
- Frequent cosmetic procedures with little satisfaction
- Frequent examination of yourself in the mirror, or the opposite, avoidance of mirrors altogether
- Avoidance of social situations
Frequently asked questons
Whats going on? Why am I so fat? Why does my hair look like this? Why is my nose so big? Whats wrong with me? Do I have something? If I have something, what is it? And more. Go to http://www.rwjpe.com/ to get help.