September 12, 2013
Welcome 12 Week Students!
12 week students will begin working on Monday, September 16. All students should be enrolled in your class on Monday. Be sure to release grades for these students and double check to make sure they are enrolled in the correct group. Don't forget to remind them of your upcoming Welcome session!
Thursday, Sep. 26th 2013 at 7:30pm
This is an online event.
Analytics: Intermediate and Advanced and GaVS Instructional Practices
Dr. Joe Cozart and Rich Copeland
Edmodo Code: sppabf
Adobe Connect Session: 26 September 2013, 7:30 p.m.
D2L Help Sessions
Sept. 17: 11:00 AM
Sept. 19: 7:00 PM
6:00PM & 7:30PM
World Languages Speaking Contest
Speaking Contest Registration Deadline
GaVS Policy - Upcoming Fall Breaks
- Students should stay on the GaVS schedule that they choose upon entering their course. Even if the local school breaks do not coincide with the GaVS break, students must meet the assignment due dates.
- Students should communicate their school breaks with their teacher as soon as possible and if necessary discuss with their instructor how to get ahead.
- Please post information regarding Fall breaks in your course news/course updates.
- Check course content, quizzes for errors-broken links, etc.
- Report all errors on the Content/Quiz Correction form in Teacher Toolbox widget found at My Home.
- Correction Form
- Open the gradebook when finished grading to accurately update grades.
- Enter zeros for missing assignments before 10PM on Tuesday following each assignment due date.
- Remember to add your instructor information to the GaVS staff directory.
- Employee List
- All instructors should add one artifact of professional development. The activity can be from any experience from June 2013 - current. Artifacts of professional development should have a brief reflection on the value of the experience.
- All instructors should add a reflection on the utility of data sources available at quizzes or discussions.
- New Teachers will assemble Professional profile with help from Just In Time Training and Mentor assistance.
- ePortfolio videos added to Teacher Toolbox
- What’s New in ePortfolio 10.2
- Unclutter Your ePortfolio
- Sharing your ePortfolio: Check out the video below!