Counselling Resources Calgary
You can dial 2-1-1 to speak to an Information & Referral Specialist, or search our online community resource directory, or chat online with us from 12-8pm MT daily.
Indigenous health program
We all experience bumps in the road. There are times when we feel overwhelmed, lost or simply unable to cope with our problems. Call us today to find out more. Please call 403-233-2360.You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
free drop In resources
These services offer walk-in counselling and support services. No need for an appointment. Just show up.
- Woods Homes Eastside Family Centre 403-299-9696 Northgate Mall 255 – 495 36 Street NE Open Monday-Thursday 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Friday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Closed Sunday and all statutory holidays. Provides no-fee, walk-in counselling for youth and families for assistance with mental health concerns, life stressors, family stress, relationship issues and referrals to other community resources.
- South Calgary Health Centre 403-943-9300 31 Sunpark Plaza SE, Open 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. No fee, single session, walk-in counselling. This is an urgent care facility for non-life threatening health issues and mental health care.
- Distress Centre Calgary 403-266-4357 #300, 1010 – 8 Avenue S.W., Free walk-in counselling available Monday to Friday from 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. for individuals, couples and families.
When people come to Calgary Counselling Centre they know something is not working well in their life. They know something’s off, or something’s just not feeling ‘right’.
Calgary Counselling Centre for teens
We’re a place to be heard. Give us a call. We’ll listen. (NEXEN Call Centre: 403.691.5991)
And, if you’re worried about the money thing and don’t want to tell your parents, we can figure it out together. Don’t let small things stop you from reaching out. We’re here and waiting to reach back.
Youth counselling is available in:
Depression Bullying Attention Deficient Disorder Parent-Child Conflict
ParentingChild Behaviour Problems Separation/Divorce Domestic Abuse
Eating Disorders Violence in Intimate Relationship Victim of Crime Family Relations
If you are experiencing or have questions about sexual abuse and sexual assault please call…1.403.237.58881.877.237.5888 Toll Free in Alberta Connect, we’re here to help if your gut says something in your relationship
One to six counselling sessions are provided to help support an individual, family or couples coping with a crisis. Please note that we do not provide specialized assessments or treatment for specific mental health/psychiatric disorders.
ConnecTeen is a confidential peer support service for youth in Calgary and area. We are a program of Distress Centre.Have a question, a problem or just need someone to talk to, give us a call, drop us an email, send us a text or chat with us online.
This service provides a therapy session with a registered mental health professional. No-fee, walk-in counselling Assistance with: mental health concerns, life stressors, family stress, relationship issues Referrals to other community resources
Provides information, consultation and referral to individuals residing in Calgary who have addiction and/or mental health concerns. Clinicians work over the telephone to help people navigate the addiction and mental health system.
- 403-943-1500 (Access Mental Health)
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868
- Bullying Helpline: 1-888-456-2323
- Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-387-5437
- Addiction Helpline: 1-866-332-2322
- Mental Health Helpline: 1-877-303-2642
- Health Link: 811
- 211 Alberta: 211
- Crisis and Distress Calgary : 403-266-HELP (4357)
If you cannot find someone you trust who is willing to support you, dial a crisis line right away (all crisis lines are confidential). If this is an emergency, please dial 911. Help is out there.
- Distress Centre (free 24/7 crisis line) 403-266-HELP (4357) TTY (for the hearing impaired) 403-543-1967 Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days. When you make a call to the Distress Centre, you will always get an answer, an open mind and a caring ear. An online chat is available from 5 p.m. – 10 p.m. daily. Emails (email@example.com) are responded to within 24 – 48 hours, so call the crisis line if it is urgent.
Formerly Calgary Family Services. Our name has changed, but our determination to help Calgarians find their inner potential and build flourishing relationships remains the same.
With 40 program offerings for individuals and families, we provide a full spectrum of interactive counselling and development services for people of all ages — from babies to youth to older adults — and their support network
We’re located at: 200, 1000 – 8th Avenue SW
Calgary AB, T2P 3M7
Phone: 403-269-9888 (general inquiries)
Our offices are open Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm and are closed on stat holidays.
Early Psychosis Treatment & Prevention Program (403) 944-4836
Calgary Health Region – Foothills Medical Centre
This is an outpatient mental health service treating adolescents and adults with a first episode of psychosis, schizophrenia spectrum disorders, experiencing the prodromal phase of a psychotic illness, hospitalized for a first episode of psychosis, and who are in the first three months of treatment for psychosis. Services are provided for a three-year period.
Family Therapy Program - (403) 802-1680
University of Calgary
The Family Therapy Program has professional therapists who work with families with children who are experiencing emotional or behavioural problems. The primary goal of the Family Therapy Program is to enable families to develop their own methods of managing these problems more effectively. There is no cost to families for the therapy programs
Offer counselling and guidance for children, parents, and adolescents to help mitigate feelings of guilt or anxiety related to family violence.