FDA Regulations on Drug Advertising
What they do and what they don't do.
What They Don't do
- They don't review and approve all advertisements for drugs
- They don't work with drug companies to help create the Ads
- They don't control advertisements for the drug.
- They don't ban drug ads that have serious risk.
What They Do
- Under FDA rule what drug companies have to tell you in and Ad is the generic name of the drug, At least one approved use for the drug, and the risk of using the drug but under certain circumstances they may only have to tell you the most important risks.
- The FDA regulates the layout of an ad.