GERMANY - Erfurt
Project to be held from the 01.06.2016 to 31.05.2016 - 12 months duration
Deadline to apply: 13 May 2016
CGE Erfurt e.V. plays significant role in internationality and interculturality. The Organization works on the local, regional, national, European and international level. Both for projects in the organization and cooperation within, the CGE Erfurt profits from working with European volunteers together. They enrich program content with their ideas and perspectives, bringing internationalism and interculturalism in everyday life of CGE Erfurt.
European volunteers work in the educational department in CGE Erfurt. On the one hand, it is educational work such as seminars, projects and international meetings. On the other hand, daily life of a pedagogue consists also of some office work. During preparations letter need to be sent, application submitted, reports written and calculations made.
Volunteers ideally take part in all of these processes. And they as well are involved in the staff meetings where it is possible to learn about CGE Erfurt structure and shape.
Volunteers will work with different members of pedagogical staff, usually from the beginning till the end of the project. At first, their role will be limited to an observer. So they will be given an insight of what is going on at the seminar. Then volunteers will learn autonomously to organize and evaluate seminars, taking responsibility to plan and perform them, so they will be prepared to implement their own project.
Basically the CGE Erfurt provides volunteers with the following fields of activity:
- Promotion of Youth Mobility through EVS and Erasmus+ programs to the young people in Erfurt and Thuringia. (Presentations for young people, creating video, brochures, flyers, social media, newsletter)
- Conceptual work (contributions to seminar, draft projects, conference planning, etc.);
- Communication / organizational work (exchange of information with partner organizations, participants, interested persons, funding agencies, etc. by e-mail, telephone and in direct communication and administrative preparation and follow work such as creating and duplication of seminar materials, filling reports etc);
- Information and public relations, insight into other areas of work of CGE Erfurt;
- Work on seminars (assisting in the implementation of projects and seminars, individual guidance seminar units, depending on the knowledge and interest).
Volunteers may also initiate a separate project in the CGE Erfurt. Depending on your interests and previous knowledge, this might be an international youth meeting on a specific subject in which an organisation from the country of origin is a partner, or an information session, one-day- project or something completely different.
CGE Erfurt e.V. is a non-profit, non-governmental organization based in Erfurt, founded in 2005 and run by young professionals, who are designing, implementing and evaluating local and international youth projects. CGE Erfurt e.V. has more than 10 years of experience creating educational concepts, that allow participants to develop a self-defined strategy of learning in the framework of non-formal education.
The aims of our organization are:
- to develop and implement programs in non-formal education for young people and adults in Erfurt, Thuringia, Germany and Europe
- to convey values like peace, democracy, solidarity and sustainability
- to support active citizenship and the integration of all people despite their social status, origin, skin color, religion, sex etc. in society
- to create active and result-orientated activities; to address problems and challenges of the society in the fields of education, environment, politics, economy, social, law and culture
- to promote participation and entrepreneurship mindset among youngsters
- to support ICT development and integration with education
- to foster intercultural, inter-ethnic and interreligious dialogue
- to enhance entrepreneurial and opportunity recognition skills of young entrepreneurs
- to assist regional and local authorities in implementation of regional policies on youth empowerment and entrepreneurship
- to carry out research activities on entrepreneurship promotion, sustainability and development
- to actively promote cultural diversity and to fight against racism, discrimination, group-focused enmity and nationalism. The implementation goes through diverse learning opportunities like Training Courses, seminars, workshops, study visits, youth exchanges, work camps, volunteer services, symposia, conferences, forums and other formats with local, regional, national, European and other international partners on local, regional, national, European and international level through non-formal education in the fields of:
- civic youth and adult education
- environmental and outdoor youth and adult education
- cultural youth and adult education
- intercultural youth and adult education
- social youth and adult education
- health and well-being
- media pedagogic youth and adult education
Profile of applicants
An applicant should bring in the following skills:
- Proven interest (by combination of school\university subjects or experiences outside, for example in international youth work) in the work and the content focus of CGE Erfurt (civic education, European politics and culture, democratic culture, human rights education, historical education, intercultural meetings, international encounters);
- Commitment and experience in international, intercultural or European policy context;
- Interest in working with media (PC, video, photography, music, etc.);
- Good computer skills (Windows, Outlook, Excel) and interest / willingness to gain additional knowledge (Internet Content Management, data management);
- Social skills in dealing with the target groups of CGE Erfurt (e.g. empathic behavior towards participants of events, sensibility for group dynamics, etc);
- Responsibility and awareness;
- Flexibility and readiness in time-consuming projects (being eager to invest your energy and time);
- Intermediate knowledge of the German language and motivation to acquire the necessary working language skills in a language course.
EVS - European Voluntary Service
As a volunteer the European Voluntary Service allows you to learn through non-formal experiences, improve existing or acquire new skills for your personal, educational or professional development..
The voluntary service covers:
- Your travel expenses from where you live to Erfurt and back (return ticket);
- All fees for visa and residence permission;
- Comprehensive insurance (health, accident and liability insurance);
- Free accommodation (a room in an apartment) and food (daily breakfast, lunch and dinner or lunch money);
- Monthly pocket money;
- Monthly food allowance;
- Participation in on-arrival and mid-term meeting.
If you are interested in being a volunteer, please apply via email by the 13 th of May 2016. Send your CV and the answer to the following question to email@example.com writing as subject of the mail: EVS Erfurt
Please, attach your CV and answer the following questions (max. 1 page)
1. Why would you like to work with us?
2. What skills / interests / knowledge would you like to bring in here?
3. What are your strengths?
4. Do you have your own project or idea you would like to implement in our organization?
5. When can you come and how long do you want to stay with us?
6. What do you expect from you volunteer year?