Newsletter Week 19 1/20/2015
Jan. 23rd - End of Third Six Weeks and Early Release 12:00
Jan. 30th - Science Night 6:00-8:00
Language Arts: We are studying elements of a play this week
Writing: Going through the complete writing process
Science: Water Cycle
Vocabulary List 14 and Spelling tests Unit 3 week 4 on Wednesday 1/21.
January 30 Science Night!!!
There is still time to make a science fair project. It only takes a couple of hours.
Applications are due on 1/23!!
Students can create a project about anything they would like. It does not have to be fancy, this is not judged or a competition. It is simply an opportunity to help your child learn about all the wonderful things out there in the science world. I will not require anyone to enter a project, but I will give a free 100 in Science to any student who participates. Non-participants will not be penalized. Go out to the FES website to download the info packet or click here:
The STAAR writing test is quickly approaching! When doing homework or any assignments with your child, please emphasize proper sentence format. For the remainder of the year, all answers to any open-ended questions will have to be written in complete sentences or points will be subtracted from assignments.
WE HAVE SEVERE PEANUT AND TREE NUT ALLERGIES IN OUR CLASSROOM. PLEASE DO NOT SEND IN SNACKS THAT HAVE EITHER OF THESE INGREDIENTS. ALSO BE MINDFUL OF THIS WHEN PLANNING BIRTHDAY TREATS FOR THE CLASS.
Fun Friday is a weekly rotation between Art, Music, PE, and
library. Be prepared for PE every Friday.
Library is every Wednesday. Books are due every two weeks.
MY CONFERENCE PERIOD 8:40-9:35 Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Parents, If you know your child will be absent, please call the office between 7:30 and 8:00 or email me. The number is 817-744-4700.
Language Arts Requirement Reminders
1. Remember to get those Scholastic Reading Counts books read and quizzes taken by 1/23!
2. Also, everyone is required to write a Falcon Press book by the end of the year. So far I only have had 1 book turned in.
3. Everyone is also required to do the first page of the Reading Bingo. If you need a copy of the Reading Bingo I will send one to you.
4. The 6 Flags Reading Program ends on February 13.
5. I know this seems like a lot of reading, but if you want one book to count for several of these requirements, that is fine with me.
The main reason the fluency and comprehension test scores have risen is because of all the reading practice. There is no such thing as too much reading! :)