East Elementary School
"Expecting Excellence Every Day"
Sept. 18th - Mom and Me Bingo
Sept. 20th - 4th grade Field Trip to Lucas Oil/State Museum
Sept. 23rd - Skating Party
Sept. 24th - Parent/Teacher Conferences 4-8
Sept. 26th - Parent/Teacher Conferences 4-7:45
Sept. 27th - All Pro Dads
Sept. 27th - Oct. 3rd Book Fair
Oct. 2nd - Grandparents Night
Oct. 4th - Book Fees Due
Grandparents Night - Calendar Change!!
Save the Date for our annual Grandparents' Night on Wednesday, October 2nd!
K, 2nd, 4th & 6th grade from 5-6pm and 1st, 3rd & 5th grade from 6-7pm with fun activities in the classroom during that those times!
The Book Fair will be open from 4:30-7:30 pm and the Good's Ice Cream Truck will be here as well - only $4 for a serving of delicious ice cream!
More details coming soon!
2019-2020 Textbook Fees
You may pay with cash, check, money order or debit/credit cards in the office. You can also pay with echeck/credit cards by accessing EFunds on the Parent Portal. If you pay by debit/credit in the office or through EFunds there is a small fee. The due date is Oct. 4th
1st Grade: $110.98
2nd Grade: $104.91
3rd Grade: $135.90
4th Grade: $141.23
5th Grade: $166.18
6th Grade: $156.40
Congrats BETA Students
Beta students serve in a variety of service rolls throughout the school. Some students serve as classroom helpers, tutor younger students, help in the office, shelve library books, etc. Mrs. Brinson is the Beta Club Sponsor
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Arabian Leaders of Respect
Readers of the Month
Digital Citizenship Week
September 9-13 was declared “Digital Citizenship Week” in Indiana. Your child took part in lessons from Common Sense Education’s Digital Citizenship Curriculum, designed to educate and guide young people to harness the power of the Internet and digital tools so they can become safe, responsible, and respectful digital citizens.
WHAT FAMILIES CAN DO: Common Sense Education takes a whole-community approach to digital citizenship by providing parent resources at www.commonsense.org to help you support your child’s learning.
Lunch Visitor Procedures/Times
- Lunch visitors arriving before the beginning of the lunches will be asked to wait in the office or the lobby until the start time and then meet their student at the cafeteria.
- If visitors are planning to stay for multiple lunches and there is a gap between start times, please return to the office or lobby and wait until the next lunch begins before returning to the cafeteria.
- Any outside food should be brought for your student only. Please do not bring in extra food to share with other students.
- To protect student rights, cell phones are prohibited from being used to video or photograph students.
- A designated table for lunch visitors may be setup. Visitors and their student only may be asked to sit at this table.
- Breakfast is served each morning from 8:10 a.m.—8:25 a.m. for those students who have pre-paid or have free/reduced lunch status.
- Lunch visitors are always welcome starting September 3rd.
Student Lunch Hours
1st Grade: 10:45
2nd Grade: 11:00
3rd Grade: 11:15
4th Grade: 11:40
5th Grade: 1:00
6th Grade: 12:35
Please write a note to the teacher & bus driver if there are any changes to your student's dismissal plans. If there is an emergency change, please phone the office by 2:30. Please do not leave a voicemail about transportation changes. We can not guarantee we will have time to listen to the message before dismissal.
Important Policies and Procedures
Bus rider students will be dismissed from the busses at 8:10 to enter the building.
Stay-in-Car students will be dropped off at the front doors at 8:10.
Bus rider students will be dismissed to the buses at 3:25
Stay-in-Car students will be dismissed at the front doors at 3:25.
- It is important that students be at school every day and on time. If your student will be late or will not be at school, please call the office by 9:00 a.m. at 765.779.4445 x 3100. If you have not called in, the attendance dialer service will call you to inform you that your student is not at school and that we have not heard from you. To avoid a call, please call your student in.
- If your student arrives after the 8:30 bell or if you need to pick up your student early, please come into the office to sign him or her in or out. Photo ID is required to sign out a student. Only those people listed on the students’ Parent Portal will be allowed to pick up the student.
- Missed Calls from East Elementary: We understand your concern, but if you have a missed call from East, please do not call the office back as we will not know who called you. If Nurse Day calls due to an illness, she will leave a voicemail.
Student Information Shared
Outfitters 13th Annual Block Party will be held on Saturday, September 28th from 6 - 10 pm.
The Block Party will be held in downtown Pendleton on the corner of State Street and Pendleton Ave. in the Linnie B's Parking Lot.
Admission is $5 (3 years old and under are FREE)
Enjoy activities for the entire family. Kid & Teen Zone, Gaming Truck, Food Truck, Live Band & Fireworks
For more information or updates please visit our website at www.outfittersclothes.org
Pendleton Music Academy
Do you have a child interested in music? Please call Pendleton Music Academy at (765)608-7432 for more information about private music lessons. Pendleton Music Academy is also the home of The Pendleton Children’s Choir, which is open to any child grades 1-6 who loves to sing. Please call us for more information or email Mr. Gallion at the middle school for details email@example.com.
Wanted School Bus Drivers
Driving a school bus is a part-time job, requiring up to 2.75 hours in the AM and up to 2.75 hours in the PM. The school corporation provides support and paid training to help candidates meet the requirements for becoming a certified school bus driver. Substitute bus drivers are especially needed, with the possibility of qualified persons to obtain a regular route within the corporation. Current substitute bus driver rate is $18.25 per hour. Requirements: Must hold, or be willing to obtain, a Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), a Passenger Endorsement, a “S” Endorsement (school bus), and an air brake endorsement.
Please contact Candy Stewart for more information.
South Madison Community School Corporation
203 S Heritage Way
Pendleton, IN 46064
765.778.2152 Ext. 1016