What's Up Winnebago?
From the office
BREAKFAST: If your child is getting breakfast they need to be in line and ready to go at door 1S at 8:30am. Breakfast is served until 8:45am, finished or not, all students are required to be in their seats in class at 8:50am. If your child is not getting breakfast, please do not allow them to come to school before 8:30am. There is no staff on duty until 8:30am.
ABSENCE: This year when your child is marked absent and we have not heard from a parent, we will be sending out a Robo text stating that your child is absent and to call the school. Please make sure that if you call or email your child's teacher, that you also call the office before 9:30am to report your child's absence.
VALUABLES: Please make sure that your child is not bringing anything valuable to school. The school is not responsible if something is lost or broken during school hours. We also do not allow cellphones or electronics in the school. If they are seen they will be sent to the office and an adult will have to come to the school to pick it up from the office.
VOLUNTEERS: In an ongoing effort to improve the safety and security of our students, we please ask that if any adults are planning to help out at school in a classroom or go on a field trip, to bring your photo ID into the office to be copied. It needs to be handed in at least 2 days before the day you are going to be volunteering.
PICK-UP & DROP-OFF : Thank you for your continued help and patience with the morning and after school pick-up and drop-off procedures. Please be aware of the new street signs that line Greenway Drive for "bus only" areas and please remember that there are no U-Turns allowed and that there is a State law that prohibits the use of a hand-held cell phone while driving in a school zone. Please remember that it is our teachers and staff outside helping with drop off and dismissal. They are working hard to keep your children safe. Part of their role is ensuring all parents and visitors are following Winnebago procedures. If you need another copy of the rules, feel free to ask a staff member or the office. Teachers and staff will be asking you and guiding you to follow the rules. We ask that you continue to treat them with respect and understand they are just doing their job. Thank you for your help and support as we continue to navigate the safest way to get your children to and from school.
This weekend is an extra long weekend!
Friday, January 18th there is NO SCHOOL for staff Institute Day and there is NO SCHOOL on Monday, January 21st for Martin Luther King Day.
See everyone back at school on Tuesday, January 22nd!
Friends from Mrs. Smith's class helped with the Pledge of Allegiance and Pledge of Respect during morning announcements.
January's PTO Meeting
Our next meeting will be Tuesday, January 22nd at 6:30pm in the LMC.
Valentine's Day Dance
PTO is hosting a Valentine's Day Dance on Friday, February 8th from 6-7:30pm.
Ms. Schulze's 1st Grade class
Mystery Reader Carrie Oldenburg reading one of her favorite books to our class. Students had 3 clues to guess who the Mystery Reader was. Only one person guessed who it was...It was Ariana Oldenburg!!!!
Mr. Tarpley's 4th Grade class
Mr. Tarpley's 4th grade class is practicing their natural disaster presentation.
Mrs. Smith's PM Kindergarten class
Our class was excited to make their goal of 13/16 students being able to count to 100 (which is our end of year goal)!
Ms. Schulze's 1st Grade class
Mr. Tarpley's 4th Grade class
One Book One School
We would like to give a special THANK YOU to our donors....
Star Smiles, Friends of the Bloomingdale Library, Bloomingdale Lions Club, Mission Church, Russel Scanlan from Illinois DeMolay, Lance Welter from Chicago Scottish Rite.
Thank you so much for supporting our students and our school!
Note from the Nurse
NOTES FROM THE NURSE
Vision and Hearing Screening
If you received a notice from us that your child did not pass their hearing or vision screen and an eye/ear exam by a doctor was recommended, please have your child complete the exam with a doctor, and send in the doctor's report as soon as you have it completed.
If you do not plan to see a doctor or if you need assistance finding an eye or ear doctor, please call the school health office.
When to Keep Your Child Home
Keep your child home if they have:
- Fever of 100 degrees or higher within the last 24 hours.
- Vomiting and diarrhea within the last 24 hours.
- White patches on the tonsils.
- Red or irritated eye(s), especially if drainage is present, which may be pink eye
- Severe cold with sneezing, coughing, running nose
- Persistent cough/extreme congestion.
- Any rash not diagnosed by a physician.
Do not send your child back to school until:
- Temperature is normal without Tylenol/Ibuprofen for 24 hours.
- No vomiting or diarrhea for 24 hours.
- On antibiotics for 24 hours for strep throat, pink eye, or impetigo.
- Breathing is comfortable without medication.
- A note is received from the doctor stating that your child’s rash is not contagious.
- Cough does not interfere with school functioning and your child is able to cover his/her mouth and nose when coughing.
From our PTO
Important Dates from our PTO
· Jan 22 - January PTO meeting 6:30pm - school library
· Feb 4 - Feb 15 - Share the Love Food Drive
· Feb 8 - Valentine’s Day Dance 6-7:30pm
· Feb 8 - Spirit Day - Heart Day - wear red & pink
· Feb 18 - No School - President’s Day
· Feb 19 - February PTO meeting 6:30 - school library
· Feb 19 - Box Tops for Education Due
· Feb 26, 27 & 28 - Book Fair
· Feb 28 - No School - Parent Teacher Conferences
· Mar 1 - No School - Institute Day
· Mar 8 - Movie Night - Incredibles 2
· Mar 8 - Spirit Day - Superhero Day
· Mar 19 - March PTO meeting 6:30pm - school library
· Mar 25 - Mar 29 - Spring Break
•Apr 1 – Classes Resume
· Apr 5 - Spirit Day - Earth Day (wear green & blue)
· Apr 12 - Picture Day
· Apr 16 - April PTO meeting 6:30pm - school library
· Apr 19 - No School - Good Friday
· May 10 - Spirit Day - Luau Day
· May 17 - Winnebago Walk-a-thon
· May 21 - May PTO Meeting 6:30pm - school library
· May 24 - Walk-a-thon - Rain Date
· May 27 - No School - Memorial Day
· May 31 - Last Day of School
· May 31 - Chick Fil-A Benefit Night
Have a PTO question, feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Have school photos you want in the 2018/2019 yearbook - please email to email@example.com.
Thanks, The Winnebago PTO
Staff Member of the Month
We would like to celebrate our Winnebago staff members and share their successes with everyone!
Congratulations Mrs. Werkmeister on being the December Staff Member of the Month.
Mrs. Werkmeister earned this award for all of her tireless work on One Book One School. She has prepared materials for our teachers and created a great memory for our students - all on her own time. In addition to all she has done from One Book, Mrs. W has worked hard on PBIS green team. She has kept the team and staff moving forward with setting positive behavior expectations at Winnebago.
An Update on Ms. Lazor
Thank you all for your concern, we are happy to report that Ms. Lazor is doing well and on her way to recovery. We hope to see her back at Winnebago soon.
In the meantime, we will have support from Assistant Principals and other Administrators from our District.