The Man Of Art
- Michelangelo took over the construction of the Palazzo Farnese after the death of the previous architect, Giuliano da Sangallo
- He also took over the design and construction of St. Peter's
- Michelangelo worked as hard as possible until his death
- Michelangelo sculpted David and Pieta, designed a dome for St. Peter’s Basilica, and painted frescos on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel all before he was 30 years old
- Michelangelo was also a poet, there are some 300 poetic works still in existence that are attributed to him.
Michelangelo died in Rome in 1564. His remains were secretly returned to Florence and interred at the Basilica of Santa Croce, according to his wishes