Miss Tracey's Class
During the month of March, we will continue to delve into our favorite books and authors. In the morning class, we are reading Eric Litwin's Pete the Cat books; in the afternoon class, we are reading books by Dr. Seuss. After that, we will be moving onto community helpers. That being said, if you or someone you know would be interested in coming in to share their community job (i.e. - firefighter, doctor, police officer, baker, librarian, postal worker, grocer, hairdresser, etc.) with us, please be sure to let me know. We would love to learn more about what people do in our community.
There are many things that you can do at home, as well, to begin the transition process. Here are a few ideas:
- visit the school playground
- READ, READ, READ together
- attend Kindergarten Round-Up on April 17, 5-7 pm
- visit this site http://www.icanteachmychild.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/How-to-Prepare-Your-Child-for-Kindergarten.pdf
- read one of the many books about Kindergarten and transitioning: http://www.thediscoverytree.net/articlesforwebsite/Transition%20to%20Kindergarten%20Book%20Recommendations.pdf (this is an older list, but I like that it gives blurbs about each book)